Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need Some Help Getting Started

Hi all,
    I stumbled upon Link2Fs and since I got my own Arduino Uno, I though I'd give it a go. Did the demo for the landing gear lights and worked great, but wondering what else I could do with it, been surfing the web, correct me if i'm wrong but I can't seem to find much on how to use it for a custom project, such as Ifly 737 or so on. I'm not the best with Programming so bare with me, all of the programming looks like gibberish! Hope you guy's can point me in the right direction!

Kind Regards,
    Henri

10+ Posting Member

Re: Need Some Help Getting Started

Hi Guys Mike here from the hanger45.net learjet simbuilders project, I am pretty new to Arduino too, I am finding out that the arduino can be very versatile for different sim projects, my Learjet 45 sim project is comming along nicely using just 1 arduino at the minute but plan to have 3.

I have a few friends helping me stitch bits of code together to get things like CWP warning switch master and engine start all work using switches connected to the arduino.
    It may be worth just looking through the code for bits of information related to pinouts that can help get info from the switch or potentiometer etc.
    There are some of Jims Demo.ino s that give details on connecting up switches etc.

Using the arduino in a variets of sim projects is still in its infancy, but I am very excited in what I am doing so far.

Mike

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Hi Henri ,, I think the difficulty your running into is caused by you not understanding the C language that the Arduino is programmed with.

There is a lot of learner stuff to help you at the Arduino site and some great example in the Arduino IDE itself. ,,, the logic in these is to learn how to code rather than 'build it and see if it works'.

Once you get to grips with the basic coding side of things then have a look at the samples included with my Multi download ,, in there have a solid read of "multiple void learner.text" ,, once the penny drops you'll wonder what all the fuss was about ,, a very enjoyable moment.
    Study the supplied demo's and work out what is going on. (code wise)
    After that "moment" it is very easy to add another function.

As far a project is concerned ,, have a look at all the threads here and dig deep ,,, generally tho ,, once a Guy has mastered what he is doing ,, he moves on with the rest of his sim build and programming was just a stepping stone on the 'big journey'.

Once you decide on your project and for the direction you want to go in you'll have no trouble dealing with the versatility of the Arduino ,, you should be able to build it.

Mike ,, you dead right ,, trouble is ,, it's like a dam disease ,, once you start ,, you can't shake it off

Cheers ,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

10+ Posting Member

So true Jim, I cant put my project down at the minute, ive got 3 arduino projects on the go currently,The Landing gear,Nav Lights etc and strobe panel, the servo motors for under the sim and the cabin pressure panel using the nokia lcd 5110.

Im a little lucky to have some a friend over at Hanger45.net who has some of the same projects running (Eric G WhiteStar), and a local friend of mine who codes arduinos.
    Your program Jim is invaluableand I cant thank you enough, time willtell if I can complete my whole project of building a learjet simulator using only the arduino boards.

Mike

Learjet Sim Project

Good stuff Mike and thanks ,,, yes Eric's been in here and that's when I added all the cabin pressure stuff into the new release so hopefully it should make you learjet Guys life a wee bit easier.

I'm guessing it will be released in the next week or so.

Cheers Mike ,,,, Jim.

75+ Posting Member

Hello Mike and Jim,
    Nice to meet you all, thanks for your great reply's. I'll get down to basics and hopefully that's what I need! I look forward to that moment of click! One again, thank you all.

Kind Regards,
    Henri

75+ Posting Member

Henju,
    There are a slew of books available to help you get started. "Beginning Arduino Programming", "Arduino Programming for Dummies", . . . . I don't think it matter which one you buy. Go to the books section on amazon.com and type in "Arduino". Get a paperback, not an ebook, you will want to use it as a reference. These books have step-by-step small projects so you can pick up the basics.

10+ Posting Member

Jim, Has Eric talked to you about the possibility of adding the jet45 offsets into Link2FS ?

That would really set our projects alive.

Mike

Yes he did Mike ,, in extractions and in the annunciator areas. Things around the cabin pressure, bleed valves etc.
    I think I got most of them in.

This afternoon I done the final "build" so it's too late to add any more but in this release you will be able to enter your own offsets yourself for FSUIPC or SimConnect stuff so you shouldn't lack for anything now. ??
    I now move on to compatibility testing etc.

I'm really .. really ,, really looking forward to doing some flying !!

Cheers Mike ,, Jim
    Last edited by Jim NZ; 04-10-2014 at 06:23 AM.

75+ Posting Member

Hi,
    Thanks everyone, worked out how to incorporate some of the code provided in the program! Although would it be possible to add my own codes, such as Ifly 737 lights and so on? Or is link2fs limited to only the codes within the system?
    Thanks Guys
    Henri

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast