Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Boeing Style MCP/Autopilot panel

25+ Posting Member

Re: Boeing Style MCP/Autopilot panel

i figured out the problem..my deepest appologies,the apu bus was off..so no power no lights ��

25+ Posting Member

i figured out the problem..my deepest appologies,the apu bus was off..so no power no lights 😒

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by franqstar View Post
    i figured out the problem..my deepest appologies,the apu bus was off..so no power no lights 

That's kind of funny.

It will happen to somebody else and they will find the answer here.

~Fess
    I will only ever be, half the Geek that I wished I was.
    TheGeekForge.Com

25+ Posting Member

that is very true...now i can continue my panels...can link2fs interface the overhead panel or do i need to get something else...cuz im also working with unojoy and megajoy using the arduino as a joystick/button board

Hello there..

I am trying to build my ow MCP, pretty much similar to yours. I just wanna know how do you connect 4 displays (with capacity for 8 digits each, I believe) using only 03 ports in arduino? I don't know if I am using the wrong chip (MAX7219) or using IT wrong (lol), cause each MAX7219 has yours 3 ports to be connected. So, how can I connect both using only 3 ports in arduino?

Tks a lot

75+ Posting Member

max7219 7-segment led display can chained all together but you need input power ewery display different power, mean one big power adding to ewery display and chain data/clock display 1. arduino---> in first out--> second out-->in thirth out-->in fourth out--->in etc,etc, and power make transformer--->first display.
    --->second display
    --->thirth display
    because arduino power no can share many display power. you need arduino only two outpin all display data and clk, i2c can chained many , sorry i no can write english good but fess know good thats, i think same but no can tell good. yes, power come different power supply and arduino come only data,clk, and cs. power NOT come out at arduino. u need out power supply about wall supply and adding each display module power thats. fess can tell better english thats. and before radio panel tread have some example what he mean.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by sleeeeper_br View Post
    Hello there..

I am trying to build my ow MCP, pretty much similar to yours. I just wanna know how do you connect 4 displays (with capacity for 8 digits each, I believe) using only 03 ports in arduino? I don't know if I am using the wrong chip (MAX7219) or using IT wrong (lol), cause each MAX7219 has yours 3 ports to be connected. So, how can I connect both using only 3 ports in arduino?

Tks a lot
    The MAX7219 Tube display modules that I use, have 10 pins on them, 5 on the left and 5 on the right.
    The 5 pins on the left go to the Arduino.
    One to 5v (VCC)
    One to Ground
    The other three (DIN/data, CLK/clock, CS/load) go to 3 pins on the arduino defined for the LedControl Library.

Of the pins on the right, you will only use 3 of them when chaining Display Modules together.
    (DIN/data, CLK/clock, CS/load) all get chained via jumpers to the next modules left side pins.
    The VCC and GND of the chained modules go to the Arduino 5volt and ground, or to a 5volt power supply and ground.

NOTE: IF YOU CHAIN THE 5VOLT from one module to another module, it will likely NOT WORK. There is a diode in each module that steps down the voltage.

~Fess
    TheGeekForge.Com

25+ Posting Member

Fess, the diode is there to protect the card and components against reverse connection as it will only pass current in one direction. There is a slight voltage drop but it is negligable

150+ Forum Groupie

Heywood,
    How many MAX7219 Tube Display Modules have you strung together and chained the voltage line?
    At 2 or 3 displays you may not have a problem.
    I dont know the diode rating, but if its a Shottkey you are looking at .2 volts or germanium the voltage drop is .25 to .3 volts.
    Other diodes can be .6 to .7 volt drop.
    I would guess germanium, so 4 displays would drop you down to 4volts or less.

~Fess
    TheGeekForge.Com

Thanks guys, it helps a lot. One more thing, do you have any simple code that extract the speed set from the FSX to arduino through link2fs? I am using a Arduino UNO for now, so thats why I wanna try only the speed set first.

Thanks,

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast