Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

USB card interface question

Good morning all

Finally got the extra cash to to start building a sim cock pit. Using the Boeing 747 as the base for the sim. I've already started designs on the throttle which I will be using two saitek pro throttles as the base for the 747 throttle quad. I've also been looking at USB interface cards and what I'm finding is that they are either too expensive or they are located across the pond. I've been particularly interested in the Leo Bodnar cards as they are good in price and easy to work with but a bit nervous about purchasing something overseas. So I was wondering would something like this work just as well?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/I-PAC4-contr...-/221198018152

It looks like no soldering is required to connect wires because it has screw terminals. Its a MAME card but I should be able to control different switches for say, a overhead panel. Only thing I'm not liking is it connects to the PC by PS/2 cable. I guess not a big deal but whatever.

Or should I just order a Leo Bodnar card? What do you guys think?

300+ Forum Addict

Re: USB card interface question

Go with the Bodnar cards. They are the best and very easy to use. And shipping to the states (if that's what you're worried about) is only 6 or 7 dollars.

150+ Forum Groupie

I've placed quite a few orders with Leo. The Bodnar cards are great, easy to use, no soldering. I concur with tburon. Leos potentiometers are solid as well. Service is great.

Man I wish they had stuff like this here in the USA. Closest I have found is from Desktop Aviator but you have to solder the connectors together. The Bodnar and PoKey cards are nice! Just a bit nervous about ordering overseas plus the wait time ordering overseas.

300+ Forum Addict

Why are you nervous about ordering from Europe? I can assure you that the postal services in Europe are quite adequate. (A little bit of sarcasm intended)

I guess my thing is the lead time. How long would it take to get product. A week? 2 weeks? 3 Weeks? But may just have to order a Bodnar card anyways. I hate soldering and his cards look easy to use lol

Ya know, I just thought of this right now. I'm wanting to get this interface board so I can start dinking around with switches and programming them to do a specific function. The overhead panel I want to build is the 747 and I'm flying with the PMDG 747 for FS9. Did a little reading and come to find out its kinda hard/almost impossible to program switches and push buttons in relation to the PMDG 747 overhead panel. Only real successful solution is using key2mouse program from wideview. The drawback is that the overhead panel has to be open on one of the monitor screens for the program to do what it is supposed to do.

What do you guys do for your overhead panel programming? I really like the PMDG 747 software and its flight systems and the fact that I don't need another PC to run glass cockpit and all that stuff.

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by visualchaosfx View Post
    Only real successful solution is using key2mouse program from wideview. The drawback is that the overhead panel has to be open on one of the monitor screens for the program to do what it is supposed to do.
    A better alternative, imho: define FSUIPC mouse macro's, the overhead panel does not have to be open for it.

9. Thanks visualchaosfx thanked for this post
    Likes visualchaosfx liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    A better alternative, imho: define FSUIPC mouse macro's, the overhead panel does not have to be open for it.
    OMG! Thank you for replying! I forgot about FSUIPC's ability to do that!! Thank you again!

Since learning about FSUIPC ability to do mouse macros, I've been thinking of other ways I could save money on electronic components for my flight simulator. I'm starting to get a small list together to make my own 747 MCP. I've been looking on the web for 7 segment dispalys and found this: http://www.karlssonrobotics.com/cart...FcU-MgodKHUAgw

I believe these will serve their purpose for the MCP. What do you guys think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast