300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

First flight on ILS to YBBN with Jeehell

Here is a picture of the first ils into Brisbane........Perfect on the glide slope.

Have not got all the buttons and leds done yet, but enough to get the aeroplane in the air. What a difference from Magenta.

Even the controls are 10 times better ! Just taxying is more like a real aircraft, not like the one I have been using, which would do 40 knots at idle .

.Still a lot of cleaning up to do,but what a pleasure for a change. Well done JL.

Many Thanks...................Brian W.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: First flight on ILS to YBBN with Jeehell

Hi Brian W, very nice!

If you don't mind me asking, what hardware are you using (panels, MIP, FCU, throttle, etc.)

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by brianwilliamson View Post
    Here is a picture of the first ils into Brisbane........Perfect on the glide slope.

Have not got all the buttons and leds done yet, but enough to get the aeroplane in the air. What a difference from Magenta.

Even the controls are 10 times better ! Just taxying is more like a real aircraft, not like the one I have been using, which would do 40 knots at idle .
    These things took many hours of work on the model.
    It's an old thing, January 2012.
    Model JH FMGS is prepared to work in the cockpit. Viewpoints etc.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzbwmeoqnn...model_2012.pdf

I have constant contact with the software PM. (My friends have 737 cockpits in Poland). After 10 years of work, PM is still at a very basic level. CDU is poor. AP is directly from the FS. Still something is not working. PM do not have a model! PM should be free...
    I think that soon the majority of users b737 change the software to IFLY.

I tried the demo a320 from PM. I think that you should not compare PM and JH. a320 from the PM is only converted b737. It's still a standard AP in FSX. No time to write, how many things are missing in the PM... Setting everything is very difficult. FSUIPC/WIDEFS is an old technology, even with FS9.
    JH FMGS is independent of FS. You can change the simulators (FS9/X/P3D), you can reinstall everything. Then, just run FMGS and everything is as before. The entire configuration of the control are just two small files...
    PS. Remember to disable the joystick in FSX/FSUIPC and turn off autorudder. Totally different than the PM

300+ Forum Addict

Omniatlas : All home built, but I have replaced the radios, Fcu and the MCDU's with plug and play. Tried to eliminate some of the wiring !!

TTom : We have to thank JL for some very dedicated work. I have spent 13 years working with Magenta, all to no avail. Very disappointing that we paid that much for a product that did not get supported, or fixed !

I am now looking forward to actually flying, without having to worry about fixing something that went wrong, for the next week !!

Regards ...................Brian W.