10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Calling all friends and fellow cockpit builders...Please help!

Hello All,

It's been a while since i've been on here. There's been some changes to my financial situation and I've decided to start back with my building. I intend to build an a320. I am basing this off of FSX and the Wilco Evolution 1 and 2 series. With the introduction of the FSUIPC exporter a lot of new functions are available that weren't when I first started. I also intend to make most if not all parts myself. I have access to a CNC machine now...YAY! My questions are these.

How do I interface these homemade items? I know I need to use a interface board of some sort. I was leaning towards the FDS SYS boards because they handle both I and O. But I am seeing that these are really geared towards PM users and I have no initial intention of buying PM. I looked at the OC IOboards, but I'll be honest the SIOC stuff intimidates me. I can't wrap my head around it. I know how to interface my switches and encoders. That's the easier part, but what I don't get is how to interface the LEDS and 7 segment displays. I don't want to buy ready made parts. I want to build my own.

Please help me...

Aaron

75+ Posting Member

Re: Calling all friends and fellow cockpit builders...Please help!

Hi Aaron

I use FSBUS its free but you have to make your own pcbs (with a cnc its a doddle)..I too am intimidated by ANY programming but managed to pick my way through the FSBUS (CDK) ...it was a bit of a learning curve as there is no help out there.....(with sioc there's dozens of people that would happily give you their files).

A friend from Italy moved me over to FSBUS DLL as he could help me and he did not know CDK and its really powerful there's nothing you can't do (although there's loads I can't do LOL) but its another learning curve but somehow I feel this one is worthwhile and as soon as you get your head round the basics it really makes sense (but then they tell my SIOC does.

For building your own FSBUS is GREAT..

John
    Old, tired & broke (shouldn't be allowed out really)

300+ Forum Addict

Hey Aaron,

Go with FDS SYS Cards! They work with PM yes, but they also work with ProSim737, Sim A as well as any program using FSUIPC Offsets. Assuming Wilco with your FSUIPC exporter work good together, you'll have no issues with the FDS Cards. Plus, setting them up for ins and outs (switches/buttons and annunciators/leds) is a breeze.

John

75+ Posting Member

message deleted due to my not reading the OP properly
    Old, tired & broke (shouldn't be allowed out really)