25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Two bits of information I saw and then lost. Boeing gray paint and Boeing seat fabric.

I feel about half ashamed for not making notes on where I saw these two things, but I can't find them even though they were once under my nose.

First, I told a (somewhat) local sim builder buddy that I'd tell him who the vendor is for Boeing pilot seat fabric -- he wants to redo his. At the time, I was certain that I had seen it in Mike Powell's Building Recreational Flight Simulators and could easily get for him. But I keep going through the book and can't find it anywhere. Must have been someplace else, but my mind still somehow connects it with Mike Powell.

The other thing is that somebody swears they found an off-the-shelf spray bomb (auto primer?) that's a great match for Boeing cockpits. I can't find the post now and wonder if anybody else has any recollection of it.

As always, thanks for any help! Paying more attention to where I see important things now...

...Dave

Dave Jones
    Fort McCoy, Florida

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right. -- Henry Ford

75+ Posting Member BuildABoeing's Avatar

Re: Two bits of information I saw and then lost. Boeing gray paint and Boeing seat fabric.

The paint is RAL7011.
    You should able to get it in all different types like wall paint or on a spray can. Just go to your local paint store.
    Best wishes, Peter
    Building a B737NG - Blog: BuildABoing

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Two bits of information I saw and then lost. Boeing gray paint and Boeing seat fabric.

Dave, I got the Boeing paint matched in Canada. European paint code is RAL7011. Deluxe Paints matched it here as Iron Grey 7011. Hope this is helpful.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks for those two replies. RAL7011 seems to be the key to this, and I'll go to work on it from that angle. Will almost have to be from a local supplier though -- the postal authorities have a problem with "hazardous" material like this, at least in any meaningful quantity. But at least now I know what I'm trying to get...

...Dave

Dave Jones
    Fort McCoy, Florida USA