Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from UK, Singer Link GAT-1 owner

Hello from the UK,

I recently bought this GAT-1 from E-bay. The pictures show it before I picked it up, it now resides in a domestic garage.

Cockpit - Oblique View.jpgFront View
    Cockpit - Side View.jpgSide View - Showing G-OATS registration (ATS being Air Training Services, who used to operate this GAT out of a London Hotel room. One of there instructors was Monique Agazarian a famous ATA pilot during the war).
    Cockpit - Internal View.jpgCockpit view
    Instructors programmable radio aids.jpgProgrammable controller for 120Nm x 120Nm flight area

I was lucky enough to get a full set of manuals with it. Following these we've managed to power it up, commission it and get it flying (of sorts), albeit with the pitch control working in reverse. Unfortuately, whiist investigating this we blew the PSU. A new power transistor later and we've got power back but have now identified an issue with the Time Division card, which might help to explain the PSU issue .... replacement Op Amps now on order.

I've learnt alot about analogue computers in the last three weeks!

Cheers,

Mike

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Hello from UK, Singer Link GAT-1 owner

Hi Mike

I was so close to bidding on this one, went for £440 quid wasn't it? Great buy well done, let me know if you decide to sell it on. Otherwise if you get it going i would be intrigued to come and visit to see it as I work over Manchester way sometimes.

All the best
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Re: Hello from UK, Singer Link GAT-1 owner

Hello Mike. I hope you are still on this forum. I acquired 2 of these units recently without any manuals or information whatsoever and would really love to have some info even if it's just a tech description or a block diagram. a Complete set of manuals will of course be ideal. Any chance of a little help ? Regards,Martin.