Q1. I want to see what the instruments look like, what do I have to do?
Q2. I move my joysticks and throttle levers in all directions, but nothing moves inside FS?
Q3. Can everything run on the network?
Q4. All instruments and panels are black...
Q5. Is it mandatory to use analog axis for the side-sticks an thrust levers?
Q6. I use FSUIPC to command the OVHD inputs, do I nevertheless need to launch the OVHD software? And what about the upper OVHD?
Q7. Most cfg files in the FMGS folders are unreadable?
Q8. The instruments are ON, but PFD and ND only show red flags such as HDG or ATT?
Q9. I cannot start the engines, help!!
Q10. I want to use only the PFD, ND and ECAMs, is it possible?
Q11. I've just aligned the IRS1 and initialized the position on INITA page in the MCDU. The captain ND is showing the map but the FO one is still displaying red flags.
Q12. I've upgraded my preexisting installation to the latest beta release of the suite.When I launch an instrument (FCU, ND, etc) it shows the error “---is not a valid Boolean value” or a similar error.
Q13. What Navigation Data do I have to use?
Q14. I try to use F5-F8 keys for the flaps, but it does not work?
Q15. When I start FSX I have an error message about an old scenery??
Q16. When airborne, I lose the NAV managed mode?
Q17. I'm having any kind of troubles, can I contact you?

Q1. I want to see what the instruments look like, what do I have to do?
R.A. You need to install the FMGS on your FS computer, then simply runthe instruments separately. You NEED to launch the OVHD in order to switch on electrical power.
Electrical Power can be switched on by either:
  • turning on the APU (make sure batteries and fuel pumps are ON)
  • connecting the External Power (Add-on Menu EXT PWR) then click on the AVAIL korry and make sure Bus tie is ON.

Q2. I move my joysticks and throttle levers in all directions, but nothing moves inside FS?
R.You first need to setup your Controls in the FMGS Config.exe software!

Q3. Can everything run on the network?
R.In theory yes. But it is MORE THAN LIKELY that you'll have troubles if you deport the FMGS server and the AP/FBW. Those two modules should stay on the Flight Simulator computer.

Q4. All instruments and panels are black...
R. You need electrical power, see the first question...

Q5. Is it mandatory to use analog axis for the side-sticks an thrust levers?
R. If you want to actually fly, yes. There is no way to accurately emulate the joysticks/throttle with keyboard equivalents, you need at least 4 axis (on 1 or more joysticks)

Q6. I use FSUIPC to command the OVHD inputs, do I nevertheless need to launch the OVHD software? And what about the upper OVHD?
R.Yes, the OVHD software contains the whole logic as well as the graphic interface. However, you can rescale it to your need or minimize it to the task bar, to hide it. The upper OVHD can be closed, it's logic is contained in the lower OVHD process.

Q7. Most cfg files in the FMGS folders are unreadable?
R. The files that are not readable must not be modified by hand, they are created and modified by the software only.

Q8. The instruments are ON, but PFD and ND only show red flags such as HDG or ATT?
R. You need to align the IRS. To do so on the upper OVHD:
  • switch on the ADRs on the upper OVHD
  • Switch the IRs selectors on NAV (normal alignment, for a quick alignment, select them back OFF then back NAV again quickly)
  • When IRS alignment is complete, you need to initialize the IRS position through the MCDU INIT A page, after departure and destination fields are filled.

• Read the User Guide for more information.

Q9. I cannot start the engines, help!!
R. To start an engine, it needs:
  • Electricity: make sure batteries are on, and APU or External PWR is used
  • Bleed Air: either from the APU Bleed (make sure it is switched ON) or from the ground HP (add-on menu GND HP). For the Engine N°2, make sure the X-Bleed valve is open.
  • Then on the upper OVHD, go to the Engine start panel (you can make it appear in the right click menu). Place the mode selector on IGN/START, then flick the engine master switches ON.

• Read the User Guide for more information.

Q10. I want to use only the PFD, ND and ECAMs, is it possible?
R. No. This software is designed as whole, if you want to skip the systems logic, you'd miss a lot of the functions that are not by default in FS9 or FSX. The point of this software is to produce a realistic complete A320 experience, without compromises.

Q11. I've just aligned the IRS1 and initialized the position on INITA page in the MCDU. The captain ND is showing the map but the FO one is still displaying red flags.
R. Under normal operations, CAPT ND receives data from IR1, whereas FO ND receives data from IR2. The IR3 provides data for both sides as a backup. It is good practice to align the three IRS at the same time, before engine start.
  • Read the User Guide for more information..

Q12. I've upgraded my preexisting installation to the latest beta release of the suite.When I launch an instrument (FCU, ND, etc) it shows the error “---is not a valid Boolean value” or a similar error.
R. You probably forgot to update some of the instruments. All .exe files have to be replaced, even on clients computers.

Q13. What Navigation Data do I have to use?
R. You must use Navdata from Aerosoft, using their NavDataPro application. The format to chose for download is called "JeeHellWare".
It is no longer possible to use Navigraph, as for now they cannot produce the navdata complying to the proprietary format used in the FMGS.

Q14. I try to use F5-F8 keys for the flaps, but it does not work?
R. Almsot all controls must be assigned from FMGS_Config.exe application. The A320 being very complex, FS systems are somewhat too simple, and I had to bypass most of FS internal systems. This way, FS is merely the aerodynamics model and visual system.

Q15. When I start FSX I have an error message about an old scenery??
R. There can be two messages on FSX/P3D startup:

• YOU MUST CLOSE FLIGHT SIMULATOR TO FINISH NAVDATA INSTALL
  • Using older FS Scenery data. Restart FS if you installed new add-on scenery

The first one is indeed an error, the second one only a reminder.
The navdata system uses the file from Aerosoft navdatapro and also FS BGL files data to mix real data to FS scenery coordinates (all RWYs are not always accurately positioned in FS).
Thus, it needs to scan FS scenery files, which is not possible when FS is running (it protects its own file).

On first installation, you must let my software run without FS running for a while (until the progress bar in navDBapp disappears...), so it can build its own database. Otherwise you get the first message.

After that, the software can run after FS, but in that case it will not scan FS scenery anymore. So the second message appears, to remind you that if you installed a new scenery add-on, it is wise to close FS to allow a proper scenery scan by my software.

Q16. When airborne, I lose the NAV managed mode?
R. Usually this means you did not complete the MCDU properly before taking off. Make sure you have the INITA and B, PERF and FPLN pages filled.
Also the ADIRS must be aligned.
Some have had issues because of their throttle not being calibrated correctly in FMGS config. When putting the levers in FLX or TOGA, it may not be detected in that position by the software, and so the Takeoff Mode does not engage, losing the managed modes.

Q17. I'm having any kind of troubles, can I contact you?
R. Of course, but first check your installation is complete, as stated in the Installation Guide ! Check particularly:
  • Axis and buttons are configured
  • All necessary instruments are running (including minimized software).
  • Network is configured
  • Your anti-virus or firewall is not blocking any application
  • You studied thoroughly the Installation Guide