Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Altimeter needle offsets

Hi John
    I'll be getting back to Australia Soon to start my project, I am thinking of using the Opencockpit's design with the pbc's and if I manage, I'll build the PBC's myself. Of course I'll try out FSBUS first... if I get stuck I know who to call!
    Sorry for all the questions, but does FSBUS communicate through FSUIPC the same way SIOC does?

Henri

75+ Posting Member

Hi Henri

No probs ask away...I know what it was like to have a thousand questions and no-one to answer them.....and there's no such thing as a stupid question just stupid answers !!!!!

There are a few interfaces available there is an "user friendly" software development kit which is AWFUL .
    also a CDK which is easy to used but a little limited if you want to control everything.
    Then there's DLL which gives total control over every aspect of the hardware and is VERY fast and stable it just takes a little more learning.
    Its like Opencockpits in as much as there's a master card and expansion cards and software that runs so everything can live harmoniously.

There's a load of 737 cockpit files out there that you can just tweak..(I can send mine but I am still in early stages software wise)..
    Ciccio in Italy is helping me with DLL..man I owe him !

Its actually not so bad . I have a brilliant memory the problem is it's terribly short and each time I open the file its like I have never seen it before ARGHHHH!!!!!!

Yes it goes through FSUIPC...I use the "ifly" 737 ( I recommend it)..just about everything is modeled and Jouni has written a fantastic program ifly2fsuipc so all the ifly offsets are "translated" to FSUIPC.

John
    Old, tired & broke (shouldn't be allowed out really)

75+ Posting Member

Thanks John
    I have got Ifly 737, but for the Level D 767, could I use leekson software? I have heard it is for Sioc, but if I were to make my own board's, would this work too? Also, how is Arduino with home cockpit's?

Thanks Massively
    Henri

75+ Posting Member

Now, Henri, we are going way outside of my knowledge base here....

Basically my understanding is, that, with programming knowledge (both for the .hex files for the micro's and for the interface program) just about anything can be used...I don't know much about Arduino and never heard of Leekson ???
    I would imagine you need to write the firmware for the Arduino so it either jives with an existing interface software or write the interface..
    Another reason I went with FSBUS is all the firmware is available and now Ciccio has introduced me to DLL just one .exe file runs the whole shooting match.

I think the balancing act for the likes of us is between cheap hardware, ease of setting up and using.
    I have seen a few people use more than 5 companies bits and pieces from Leo Bodnar to OC.

I don't have enough programming knowledge to make USB plug and play stuff...ok I can do the hardware side standing on my head....or even with an excess of red wine!

I know my gauges work with FSBUS and Opencockpit boards as the interface on the cards is a direct connection from the servo motor.

For support there's a massive open cockpit user base but its just so expensive (for me anyway).
    Not knowing how much you know and I hope I am not teaching grandma to suck eggs but I have uploaded the FSBUS interface pdf
    here
    http://www.junkroom.co.uk/RVD_B737NG_interface.pdf

I will leave it there for next 30 mins or so ..I might help with the very basic concept.
    If you download it let me know so I can remove it.

I simply don't have the luxury of choice...I got my laser to make my cockpit stuff with the intention of selling it on after but its proved so useful even my trolley dolly is using it !

And when head office approves it makes life so much simpler eh?

John

75+ Posting Member

Thx for the PDF John, saved it, no worries about not knowing some things
    if you are interested here is the link to Lekseecon, (I think I misspelled it the first time round)http://www.lekseecon.nl/lekseecon.html

Henri

75+ Posting Member

oh, and I hope I haven't cost you money uploading it!!

75+ Posting Member

Nah costs nothing..I have a bit of webspace I run for my Mrs and I have got a separate name for this kind of junk.....
    I can put all the FSBUS stuff up for you to download if ya interested? as I say it costs nothing

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12