Thread: iPad setup

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question iPad setup

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody can help with a problem I'm having using an iPad with my setup.

I'm running a multi monitor FSX setup, including Luis Gordo's excellent Instructor Station, on Windows 8. All was nice and stable and running well.

Inspired by others on here I decided to network my iPad to the system and use the AirDisplay app so that I could run Instructor Station on the iPad. AirDisplay runs well by itself and after some fiddling with resolution problems I can run iStation nicely on the iPad.

However, The problem comes when I try to start FSX in this configuration. If I start AirDisplay first then FSX just won't start, saying that my graphics card is insufficient. If I start FSX then AirDisplay things are better. The system looks stable for a while and I can drag the iStation window onto the iPad. However as soon as I make an input to iStation the whole thing falls over, screens go black and eventually just displays the desktop. FSX is minimised and still running, but when I try to maximise it the screen blanking and cycling thing starts gain and we end up back at the desktop.

I'm a bit perplexed, especially as others on here seem to be using the same setup with no issues. Any suggestions or tales of similar experiences warmly welcomed!

Cheers,
    Matt

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: iPad setup

I"ve used Displaylink without any issues outside of FSX's occasional hiccups. That's before I started using my iPad as an FMC via the iFMC app.