Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NEW STUFF for the MULTI

75+ Posting Member vikingsraven's Avatar

Re: NEW STUFF for the MULTI

i thoughts that where they wer, not working on the grob tutor, Damn, stupid model!

75+ Posting Member

i have ask.
    can links3fs made now or future thats.
    my dreams have no need use mouse and keyboard anythink then i go to fly my plane.
    mean start fs9 and then automatic open all panels and other whit my plane, then need use only swithes and encoders and potentiometers and can fly normal REAL ?
    i dream no need use mouse and keyboard, no good no realistic.
    Now i open monitor and gauges good to monitor,thanks many fly sim hobby friends to help
    but how make no need CD run fs9 ? and how make automatic open all my cessna 172 ? mean one clik at start fs9 and then no need use mouse/keyboard newer, all can use aircraft panel switches.
    Have thats possiple ?
    i have interesting lot make REAL cocpit and cards and stuffs but no know and understand all good etc,code making.
    Good hobby

I did it this way:

OS Windows7 64bit

In Autostart ( Start-->Programms-->Autostart) : Link2fs; FSMaps; FSX

I have dedicated FSX Computer. Nothing running only OS and FSX.

I turn on Power and PC Start automaticly what it is in "Autostart" no batch need.

After Power on I wait about 4-5min FSX is already displaying on beamer.
    My Cockpit showes Instruments and all automaticly connect.

I can start imiditly...no problems....

Hope this Helps.

CU Chris
    Nothing gets me down - until my girlfriend say " Darling...please...garbage!" Homepage: www.fsx-cockpit.com

75+ Posting Member

Thanks, i must be test now thats
    good forum help me lot <3

Jim, tonight I think about a extra section in your fantastic link2fs.
    A section about a complete functional CDU...using arduino...
    A section about a cessna glasscockpit...you know the knobs and switches around LCD...
    A section for GPS with small TFT ( 5") ...knobs around garmin...etc

is that general possible?

Thanks for help!

Greetings Chris
    Nothing gets me down - until my girlfriend say " Darling...please...garbage!" Homepage: www.fsx-cockpit.com

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Food for thought Chris ,,, I'll have a dig into it and report.
    I think some of that is do-able ,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

Jim,

I probably shouldn't be trying to re-read a long thread of comments at 1:15am, but here I am... So, I apologize if what I am about to say may have already been brought up here or elsewhere but here goes.

I am back to working on the code for my wet compass. I have some very roughed out code up and working but I am finding on longer turns that I get stutters when the Link2FSMulti refresh occurs. I know I can do a few things to smooth this out (not the least of which is move the wet compass to a dedicated Arduino or at least one that is less loaded with code for other stuff) and I will be pursuing that as I get further into it, but that got me to thinking. I know, dangerous thing...

Would it be possible to build some buffering and flow control into Link2FSMulti so that you could send a predefined stop or start code from the Arduino to Link2FSMulti and have it at least briefly suspend sending exctrations?

I know that raises a host of other issues like buffer size, buffer overflow, the size of the serial string when the feed is turned back on and has to send all that is buffered, etc. But between my compass and a few other things that don't like the refresh I keep pondering it.

Thinking about the backlog of buffered extractions to be sent when turned back on, maybe have it buffer and only send the things that have changed during the buffering, or something like that.

Or, maybe, just have the refreshes sent on demand when the Arduino sends a fetch command to Link2FS Multi. That way, code continues to flow when any individual extraction value changes, but the user can call for refreshes based on some idle time routine or something ingenious like that.

Just thinking out loud... Or, maybe this is just a sleep deprived rant...

But figured it couldn't hurt to ask, and the worst that could happen is you could tell me I'm crazy and prove my wife right .
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

I finally got back to this ,,,

Chris ,,
    I've added to the first post, both the glasscockpit buttons and the GPS (Garmin etc) buttons but the CDU at this stage is a no-goer due to the "systems" involved.

Tom ,,
    The stutters would be caused with (as you know) too many extractions being sent in the "refresh" cycle. You can actually turn refresh off by setting it's cycle to '0'. The thing to do is to use more cards and spread the load of the data going out to each port.

Thinking about this tho ,, I added to the list a user "send a refresh command" where the user has the refresh cycle 'off' and the Arduino just sends a command to the Mutli for it to send a refresh.

Along the same line, at the moment there is talk about detecting if the Arduino is linked to the Mutli or not ,,, At the moment the multi just dumps the data to the selected port and reads anything that comes in from that port.
    I have added to the list "program and card detection"

Just an update of where I'm at ,,,, the next release has changed ,, it wont be just an update with some/all of the above listed items in it ,,, it will be a major step forward and will be the start of the FSX Multi version 6 series.
    There are another 4 pages with options to give the "expert user" full control of what he/she wants to do ,, most of this is already done.
    To throw in a hint ,,, no-one will ever be asking for me to include another extraction or input again ,, they'll be able to do it themselves.

I'm still looking at (our) winter for this release unless some-one wants to pop over and completely repaint our house and re-arrange the garden.
    A man's got to do what a man's GOT to do.

Cheers Guys ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

150+ Forum Groupie

WOW, Jim! A lot changes expected to be coming down the pike. I especially like the manual refresh option. As for helping you expedite the programming process, I would love to to fly to Kiwi land and help you around the house. However, I believe the keys flying off of the keyboard will pose more of an occupational hazard than the 30ft ladder for painting or the thorn ridden plants!

you are a jolly good fellow....great work!

Cheers,
    Chris

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast