Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Link2FSMulti on a second pc?

Jim,

I've been away form my pit build for several months. Life sometimes gets in the way... But I am ramping back up this winter so I'm back out here on the forum catching up and at your web site to download the latest version of multi. First, let me say WOW!!! And thanks for your ongoing work on a great program.

I am setting my Arduino test bench back up this month and am hoping to finish my radios and whiskey compass among other things using Link2FS and Arduinos. I was a fair way into it earlier this year with only a few speed bumps left to get over and it looks like some of your additional development may just get me the rest of the way.

I am also about to take the leap and build my new pc for FSX. I already have another pc set aside that I'll be using to run as many of the add ons as possible. Among other things that second pc will be handling my instrument panel, Active Sky, etc. I was also hoping to off load the management of the Aurduinos onto that pc and that of course is where this post is leading.

Is it possible via LAN to have Link2FSMulti and/or my Arduino cards connected to second pc?

I have other catch up questions related to running more than three Arduinos but I believe I saw a post addressing that so I'll read that before pursuing that any further.

It's good to be back and I'm looking forward to working with the latest version of Link2FSMulti.

Tom G.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Link2FSMulti on a second pc?

Hi Tom ,, welcome back ,, I wondered where you had shot off to.

Now the idea of running the Multi on another computer has been banded around before and out of it I done some pretty heavy testing as per the performance knock to FSX with having it all on the one computer.

The test's I done didn't really show any hit at all (or very little) and that was pumping out ALL the extractions to 3 cards.
    Not surprising,, the serial coms and the Arduino's speed were more of a concern to actually handle all that data.

I can also see some advantages in having it in "another" computer on some set-up's but at the moment,, I'm afraid it's away down the list.

There is a thread started now about LAN outputs to "another" computer or PLC etc but that's a bit different to what your talking about ,, for now. ??

Just the same ,,, you never know where this journey will take us.

Good ya back Tom ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

Re: Link2FSMulti on a second pc?

Jim,

Thanks! Good to hear the impact is minimal. I'll forge ahead with having Link2FSMulti running on my FSX PC. I'll look up that LAN/PLC thread to see what it's all about.

Tom G.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4