Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Everything ready to building Ilyushin Il-62

Today I will go to a metal scrap company and asking where to buy metals.

75+ Posting Member

CNC machine arrived.

Now I have been bought 1.5 kg thin copper wires, 0,5mm thick; to be using for stepper motors. It costs 60 kr = around $ 9,16. The metal scrap company is just 25m away from where I live.

75+ Posting Member

I must return the chinese CNC machine because it missing some important things, and I couldn't fit the CNC block on the board because it is 1-3mm too big.
    Then I will buy a german quality CNC for $ 6800.
    http://www.gustavsenas.no/default.pl...19&pageId=1288

Bummer.

Be careful about some of these wholesale Chinese brands, I haven't heard many good success stories from them around here. I can tell you're putting a lot of time and money into this; hopefully this other one will work better.

75+ Posting Member

A good news, my dad fit it fine when he put this in horizontal position but I tried vertical which caused problem. Tomorrow I will assembly it; then, buy mill.

75+ Posting Member

Some serious issues with this CNC machine from China.
    I asked him questions which are compiled into one question: do you have the required competence to sell this item? He didn't replied clearly.

Amazon replied to me afterwards:
    Important cite: I'm contacting our seller investigation team to make sure that this seller actions are investigated and if required banned from selling the items from our website.

Now I will buy the Step-CNC machine for $ 9.000 with #1 quality operating instructions!!!
    I am deaf, which is enough life issue with deafness, and do not want to become a person with serious accident just because of a seller without required competence.

75+ Posting Member

While I waiting he pay back money to me, if not, Amazon will return every money to me; I will trying to programming Arduino card with led lights as a prototype for the stepper motors. I will using one potentiometer that I have in available to behave as a ground speed to provide the X and Y coordinate.

I am very exciting about that!

25+ Posting Member

Hi

I think that I understand what you are trying to do. I have just finished rebuilding Jim's Multi_Radio_Project using three analog pins for all inputs. Rotary switch with an additional contact for a two axis autopilot select on one, Rotary encode and the built in push button getting four codes out, Increment, Decrement, Increment with push button, and Decrement with push button on another, and all of one single push button on the third. Eight or more additional pushbuttons will be added to this circuit after the current switch panel built for digital input is rewired.

But to run 20 encoders without push buttons on one pin may be expecing too much. Not that adding 20 push buttons would help. Believe me they won't. Although there is a thread mentioning the start of a project to put 50 or 100 encoders on one analog input. The Arduino ADC provides levels 0 to 1023, so 20 encoders with 40 channels (pins) would have 25 levels between channels and 41 small resistors (one on both sides to be safe) is theoretically possible. BUT, there will be a wide range of voltage or current supplied to the input for a short time. Is the Atmel ADC built into the chip that good? Finding the right resistor mix may be quite difficult. Oops forgot about the code. Once a change to the input pin is detected you will need 60 if statements similar to " if(((levelRead + ?) > measuredLevelForThisPin) && (levelRead - ?) < measuredLevelForThisPin))) { successfullyDetectedVoltageOnEncoderEightChannelB = true ; } Haven't run this for typos. Just reinstalled and updated my Linux partition and the Arduino USB cable resets the computer. Too lazy to transfer this over from the "web computer" to the FS computer. The "?" in the code will have to be found by trial and error. This code will trap a level near to what you observed with movement stopped. Conditions change during a hours flight. If the range is too narrow, all samples will be rejected. If it too wide you may catch the ADC moving between two samples.

Wiring the circuit to input 40 mA is not necessary. This is only signal current. The ladder for the rotary switch uses resistors R4 through R11 of a simple 12 resistor network of 4.75k resistors and this is in parallel with a 100k ohm external pull up resistor when the encoder contacts are closed. I don't know why whoever posted the keypad blog used a resistor network usually used for DAC (opposite to ADC) circuits. DAC circuits want to produce very even voltage steps. Will have to read more on the subject. The best news is this is a human input situation and much time may go by without using any encoder. AND while analog input is comparably slow, you do not have to read 40 digital inputs more than once to eliminate contact bounce. However with simple resistance ladders two contacts not intentially closed at the same time will really cause trouble. Both channels of the encoder will make contact half way through the quadrature cycle. This produces a new voltage divider somewhere between the voltage dividers for channel A and channel B. On multi encoder circuits if the results of this new voltage divider gets close to one for another encoder, resistor selection will be a real nightmare.

You have a posted a picture http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/atta...3&d=1407604119 with eight encoders and it looks like standard digital connection. Did you use the standard Rotary or Quadrature library for this assembly?

My general aviation radio stack project looks like it will need 7 dual function rotary encoders (dual rotary encoders if I can afford them AND find the right knobs) and around 28 pushbuttons. Will see how you are making out.

Bye
    ---CYXD ----- TWR --- GND ------ Closed
    ILS-- NDB -- 119.1 -- 121.9 ---- 11/2013

25+ Posting Member

Update. Have built a single encoder with attached perforated board 14mm x 18mm. (+) and (-) lines IN and one analog line OUT. Also breadboarded 10 rotary encoders with one analog line OUT. Both left / right and push left & turn / push right & turn are available. So far have written simple code for one encoder only so I do not know how fast the Arduino Uno will process the 60 level recognition instructions required.

This works using - full quadratic cycle between notch - encoders which unhappily may eliminate half cycle dual encoders. The rotary encoder can not remain in contact with the resistor ladder when stopped in a detent.

25+ Posting Member

EDIT. I was premature and overly optimistic in the performance of multi rotary encoders connected to a resistance ladder. Three maybe four encoders can be connected using the built in pushbutton as a separate switch or maybe one or two encoders can be connected using the push and turn function. This saves five or more pins not the twenty to thirty that I was wanting.

This works using "full quadratic cycle between notch" encoders which may, unhappily, eliminate half cycle dual encoders. The rotary encoder can not remain in contact with the resistor ladder when stopped in a detent. Other encoders or switches will pass analogRead levels not anticipated in the programming.

This has turned into a thread by itself. Sorry! I will post one when claims can be proven.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast