Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Jeehell vs Air Sim Tech

Why would someone pay over £1000 for AST when Jeehell is free?

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: Jeehell vs Air Sim Tech

Exactly,
    That's y JL generosity has to be applauded. It must be a monumental task and for free.
    Thanks JL, I don't use his sw but would if I was into Airliners.

Les

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Yes very good will indeed. I offered to send him some money for his effort but he asked that money to be donated to charity instead.

150+ Forum Groupie

I have AST (got it some time ago so didn't pay £1000) and as an early user I contributed a lot of time towards its development. Generally it has perfomed pretty well but there are still some fundamental flaws which have never been fixed. I am now looking to move to Jeehell as it is still moving forward. I think the guys at AST have either lost interest or are getting too much hassle from their professional users.
    I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used both to give some comparative views.
    Barry

300+ Forum Addict

Barry, I have the A320 Sim and have been using Magenta for a long while and am just in the throws of trying Jeehell's software out. I am going to try out some tests just on 2 computers in the home office before I try it on the actual full sim. Any information that I can give you I will pass on. I may have to wait a little while until Jeehell upgrades the new PDF's, which if the old ones are any guide, then they will be brilliant.
    My opinion from only a couple of days on one computer, I have to say it is looking most impressive.

Regards..............Brian W.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by brianwilliamson View Post
    Barry, I have the A320 Sim and have been using Magenta for a long while and am just in the throws of trying Jeehell's software out. I am going to try out some tests just on 2 computers in the home office before I try it on the actual full sim. Any information that I can give you I will pass on. I may have to wait a little while until Jeehell upgrades the new PDF's, which if the old ones are any guide, then they will be brilliant.
    My opinion from only a couple of days on one computer, I have to say it is looking most impressive.

Regards..............Brian W.
    interesting, im looking forward to your comparison. I find it difficult to believe Jeehell is as fully featured as paid software though? Some of the things I look out for are FBW & Airbus laws, and the MCDU version (eg: can you input winds aloft?). Also the lack of an instructor station is a shame.

150+ Forum Groupie

Brian
    like you I have the Jeehell system running on a laptop and an old desktop in my office. I am very pleased with the system so far, I can carry out full managed flights except final approach where I have yet to find out how to get the speed down! Networking works fine. The biggest challenge for me is to sort out the interfacing with the hardware; I want to try and setup a parallel universe on my sim so that I can progressively evaluate JH without losing the operation of the sim which us heavily used. Regarding comparison with paid software I wish some of my basic functions worked properly, never mind the winds aloft. I can't set a descent rate less than 1000ft/min, Mach speed control does not work, auto brakes don't work properly, MCDU crashes about one flight in four, the manual is appalling, I could go on and on.
    i think it is interesting to understand how far JL intends to go, what is the target and can he maintain the effort. From the first time I looked at his work when he first started I am amazed at how far he has come. Like many people I would expect to pay for what we are using but perhaps he follows my philosophy; I was recently offered a consultancy by an airline but when you are paid you have to perform, being very old and wise I will never work for someone else again.
    barry
    www.a320sim.com

300+ Forum Addict

Barry, I do not think that there is any comparison between what Jeehell has done and the Payware stuff that you and I are running. He is obviously intent on making sure that his software not only looks correct but also runs like the real Airbus and that is a great benefit.

Like you, I have had no manuals or instructions at all worth looking at, apart from all the anomalies and all the things that do not work as one would expect .
    Then the forum was shut down so that basically there is no help available at all. Compare that to this site and I think we all appreciate what a great job Jeehell is doing.

My goal at this stage is to try Jeehells's software and also P3D, basically on 2 computers. I am using 3 Projectors at 3840x 800 and am hoping that P3D will be useable on that setup as well.

Cheers...............Brian W.

300+ Forum Addict

Just did a couple of ILS approaches into YBBN with the software all on one computer. Had to go and buy a USB throttle and flap lever for testing (Saitek). That helped a lot, as on one computer you are as busy as a one armed paper hanger !!

First comment is, that is is like the real aeroplane ( well done Jeehell)
    It flies well and captures the approach perfectly.

The new install guide is as always, perfect.

I will do a lot more before trying it on the Sim, but as I have not tried it in a couple of years, the difference is amazing..
    I have to say well done Jeehell.

Keep up the good work............many thanks.......Brian W.

75+ Posting Member

What aircraft do you load in FSX?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast