25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

link2fs vs multi

hi. my cockpit progress has been going slow and steady. i ran into a problem while using link2fs. it has a lot of extractions, but since im making 206 cockpit, i couldnt find the extractions for the turbo inlet temperature. (TIT) Is there anyway i can get the extraction from fsx for TIT?
    i decided to go for multi, as jim recommended. for some reason, the installation crashes. i think there's something wrong with my windows. i get a lot of errors ever since i installed the SSD drive. coming back to the point, i wanted to know, what the major differences are, between the multi and link2fs, so that i can make the decision to reinstall windows and get my hands on the multi. i understand that you can use 3 arduino cards with multi. but does it have more extractions too?
    secondly, can i substitute that specific gauge somehow with something else? ive been wrecking my brains over it, and i dont think i can, since il be using all the extractions coming from the aircraft for my cockpit.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: link2fs vs multi

There's not much point in doing anything until you get a stable operating system and FSX is running without crashing.

There is no ITT (interstage turbine temperature) extraction in either of my programs so if you want that you will have to use SIOC or some other program.
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

25+ Posting Member

thanks for the quick response Jim. yeah, ive been meaning to do a clean install. thanks for pointing me in the right direction. il start researching SOIC.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

I done a bit more thinking on this one and some research ,, and from what I found the TIT (turbo inlet temperature) is not available tru simconnect or thru FSUIPC ,, there is a chance it has been added by the planes designer in that it's included within the planes own "systems" and Pete (FSUIPC) has added it to suit that plane but the planes documentation would indicate that.

I see no reason tho that you can't "roll your own" and use the outside temperature and one or more of the engines parameters to end up with something pretty close.

Just a thought ,,, Jim
    p.s. you would have spotted the Win8.1 thread re running the Multi. ??

p.s. I'm talking about the "Multi" ,, the older "inOut" does not have half the stuff the Multi has.
    Last edited by Jim NZ; 01-03-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

5. Thanks Jahanzeb thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Hmm that is pretty interesting. The instrument being a part of the aircraft systems. Il go through the aircraft documents, but I don't expect to if d much since they don't give technical information to the customers. I could however contact the support staff and ask.. But I think Using the outside air temperature is brilliant and a trouble free, easy solution, since the values of TIT hardly change at all..
    im still using inOut. I can't reinstall windows at the moment since I recently bought prepar3d v2. (The directx 11 version) pretty sweet, But that's a discussion for another thread, another time.
    Il work on the project once I reinstall windows and get my hands on the multi.. Since it has a lot more to offer.
    Im almost done with most of the instruments. The servo and motor instruments will be challenging. Following other threads for that.
    Thanks for saving my time, and not let me get into SIOC. Saved me a few months work. Appreciate it