Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Audio Control Panel - COM1/COM2 Issues

I am attempting to write the SIOC code to interface to a real Audio Control Panel and am running into a couple of issues...

Short Version of two issues :
    1) I cannot turn on/off MIC for COM2 via Lekseecon or FSUIPC.
    2) Using FSUIPC offset 3122, I CAN turn on/off listening on COM1 and COM2 (even both), but some oddities on how it works for 767.

Long Version:

1) In Lekseecon, section 5.9 I see a variable "519 - L-VHF". With that I can toggle COM1 on and off. I see from your scripts that you do the following: "Var 519 Static Link IOCARD_SW Device 1 Input 5 Type P". Simple enough, and that works - sort of.
    (I should note that since I have latching pushbuttons (since it is a real panel) for MIC select, I am using Input type "I"). Pressing COM1 MIC in, the 767 properly reflects this, however, I can never engage COM2. I do not have the inputs for PA and INT wired in yet, and I would guess that pressing them would, in fact, deselect COM1. However, I am looking for a method to enable COM2 via my hardware latching button.

2) Along similar lines, I have looked through FSUIPC at the offsets and see there is the audio panel at 0x3122. Those bits are listed as: Radio audio switches. Read/write bit settings as follows: 2^7 COM1 transmit <- Misleading, it is really transmit/receive for simple aircraft, Receive ONLY setting for 767
    2^6 COM2 transmit <- Misleading, it is really transmit/receive for simple aircraft, Receive ONLY setting for 767
    2^5 COM receive both
    2^4 NAV1 sound
    2^3 NAV2 sound
    2^2 Marker sound
    2^1 DME sound
    2^0 ADF1 sound
    In particular, b7 and b6 which are listed as "transmit", however, they only seem to have the effect of Turning on/off the receiving (on the 767). It should be noted that if you want to receive Both COM1&COM2, setting bit 5 does indeed do the trick. I suspect this was setup for a simple radio panel (try the default 172 for example) where you always receive on the COMx channel that you are transmitting on. I also noticed in the 767 that if I turn off listening on COM1 and COM2, then the last COM (1 or 2) that was on, stays on. I suspect this is also because on a simple aircraft you MUST have either COM1 or COM2 active - they can't both be off. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Dave Snyder

25+ Posting Member

Re: Audio Control Panel - COM1/COM2 Issues

I think this is what I need in Lekseecon...

From Level-D 767 SDK:

#define LVLD_MIC_SELECTOR_SET 379 // Set the Mic Selector switches (Value : 1=L-VHF, 2=R-VHF, 3=L-HF, 4=R-HF, 5=PA, 6=CAB, 7=INT)

The full selection set would be great. Any chance of that in a updated Lekseecon?

Dave

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Hi Dave,
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnyder View Post
    The full selection set would be great. Any chance of that in a updated Lekseecon?
    At your command:
    micsel.png

Download lekseecon.exe version 9.9beta1 from here (Win Vista/Win 7 version, exe only, just overwrite your lekseecon.exe)

Let me know if it works.
    (Don't know why I did not put these in lekseecon in the first place... Thx for the heads up )

Nico

4. Thanks dsnyder thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

What took so long? I hope you understand my frustration having to wait almost half a day for new feature requests to show up!

Seriously, thanks. I will try it out today and report in.

Dave Snyder

6. Thanks Perik thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Nico,

Thanks again for the update. I did try it out with my MIC switches for COM1 and COM2 - I haven't wired in the rest of the MIC switches yet, but can report the following:

1) With my real audio panel, they mechanically automatically push out the other MIC selection when one is pressed in (for example, if I have COM1 MIC pressed in, it stays latched there until I select a different MIC - when I select COM2 MIC, it automatically releases the COM1 MIC and then latches in COM2). Given all that, I would like to see a non-toggle version of the MIC variables, so that I can use type "I" inputs and guarantee switch states (even on startup).

2) With type "I" inputs in SIOC, I would see about every 5 presses or so, the MIC selector get messed up. Again, I think having a new variable that is not a Toggle type and encompasses all of the modes would do the trick.

3) All that being said, I tried calling my inputs type "P" in SIOC and, other than initial state not necessarily being correct, it did a perfect job of following my manual switching using my latching buttons.

4) I was a bit confused on how type "P" can work so well as I thought I had a way to "break" it. Say I had COM2 MIC enabled and then hit MIC cancel on the audio panel. That pops out any MIC currently selected. When that occurred, COM2 MIC actually stayed ON on the panel (strange #1). Then, when I pressed COM2 MIC back in, I was expecting the toggle nature of the switch to then toggle the state in the panel causing the physical button to be pressed in while the simulator panel would have showed it to be not pressed (strange #2). However, I think the 767 logic assumes that exactly ONE MIC channel will always be selected and that is overriding the toggle actions of the "P" buttons.

In conclusion, although SIOC/Lekseecon theory would seem to indicate that I need a new variable that is not toggle type where I could manage the latching buttons as "I" type inputs, there appears to be some internal logic in the 767 software of enforcing always one MIC being selected that has a side effect of making everything work well. How is that for a long-winded way of saying your 9.9 build is working well for me?

Thanks again, and I am curious if anyone else out there has thoughts on this.

Dave Snyder

25+ Posting Member

An additional follow-up question:

Lekseecon has variables 780 and 784 that are Read-Only variables for the following:
    0 L-VHF 1 R-VHF 2 L-HF 3 R-HF 4 PA 5 CAB 6 INT
    I am not sure, but I believe those are for monitoring the state of the MIC Selector Transmit switches and NOT the receive functions - correct?

In that case, I would imagine those variables would be used to turn on the appropriate LED to reflect the active MIC channel.

Dave,
    3) All that being said, I tried calling my inputs type "P" in SIOC and, other than initial state not necessarily being correct, it did a perfect job of following my manual switching using my latching buttons.
    As an alternative I could also model these mic selectors in lekseecon as being a "rotary switch with 7 positions" of which one is always active. That would solve your start-up issue. However, it would not support a situation that no switch is pushed, which can happen in your real audio panel if i'm right (but not in the Level-D767...)

Nico

Lekseecon has variables 780 and 784 that are Read-Only variables for the following:
    0 L-VHF 1 R-VHF 2 L-HF 3 R-HF 4 PA 5 CAB 6 INT
    They indicate the states of the mic-selector switches (pushed or not). I use these to drive leds in my mic selector push-buttons, so I can see which one is active.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks for the confirmation.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    Dave,

As an alternative I could also model these mic selectors in lekseecon as being a "rotary switch with 7 positions" of which one is always active. That would solve your start-up issue. However, it would not support a situation that no switch is pushed, which can happen in your real audio panel if i'm right (but not in the Level-D767...)

Nico
    Correct. The way this audio panel works is the "INT" MIC button is essentially a push to talk. It deselects whatever MIC was pressed in, but when you release the "INT" mic button, there are no MICs left pushed in anymore.

FYI, I am using a Gables Audio Panel that Polmer used as well (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18551). I ended up paying about $25US from EBAY. Thanks for the good tip.

I wired it a bit differently, as I gutted the wiring on it and then wired the switches and pots to a 40-pin header. It still has full functionality (w/ FSX) including the backlighting and lighting of the switches. Interesting the way these are made, the lighting of the active switches (MICs, and Audio Receive dials) happen mechanically - as soon as it is enabled the light is allowed to shine through - no need for separate output lines from SIOC.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast