Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Full A320 dual seat trainer

Quote Originally Posted by richard.long View Post
    Is this thread still alive? I'm Considering integrating a complete Skalarki setup with the FDS modular nose and glareshield structure.

Anyone interested in discussing?

Thanks

the skalarki parts will not fit perfectly in FDS structure. Skalarki is really good stuff, i also use it but the dimensons of the MIP are not 100% acurate. As far as i know FDS are closer to the original airbus dimensons. i had the same idea cause the shell from FDS has a good price. I contact FDS and told them that i have a Skalarki MIP an would like to have the shell and they told me that the Skalarki MIP wouldn't fit in the shell. a MIP from JAA simulators should fit they use 10,4" for ND PFD and also for the ECAM. JAA told me that they work with the original dimensons.
    You could try it with the vier im pott shell frame. Skalarki and vier im pott are partners so the skalarki stuff should fit in the vier im pott stuff.

regards
    Kevin

25+ Posting Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for suggesting the thread. I can't commit to the list of interested parties at this stage as my priority is the core simulator. Once I have selected a shell solution I will then he to determine the most suitable liner solution.

Im an experienced aerospace CAD engineer and run my own seat of Solidworks. I have some ideas for a low cost set of liners so will be happy to participate in the conversations.

Id like to know what experience people have of the FDS nose section and using it with an instrument structure based on Skalarki components? I'm thinking of integration the Skalarki MIP with the FDS nose and FDS glareshield structure.
    Does anyone have thoughts on this?
    Thanks.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi Richard --

I've been in a few FDS full A320 rigs -- most recently the Emirates A320 experience in London, and SimFlightKL in Kuala Lumpur. I have several pictures of their setup on my blog.

Their interior liners are made out of metal and are hand built -- I believe they are considering fibreglass (like their 737 liner set).

FDS usually sells their shell and interior liners to their dual trainer customers. I have their MIP so it should match up to their shell perfectly -- my only concerns is its going to be extremely costly to ship it over here to Sydney based on the weight and package size and I don't have the full room for the full shell (only planning to build the forward section).

Their liners are also not advertised on their website so I do not know how much they will cost.
    Vier-im pott has a structural setup for smaller builds ("mini shell") and that is for consideration.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Hi Richard --

I've been in a few FDS full A320 rigs -- most recently the Emirates A320 experience in London, and SimFlightKL in Kuala Lumpur. I have several pictures of their setup on my blog.

Their interior liners are made out of metal and are hand built -- I believe they are considering fibreglass (like their 737 liner set).

FDS usually sells their shell and interior liners to their dual trainer customers. I have their MIP so it should match up to their shell perfectly -- my only concerns is its going to be extremely costly to ship it over here to Sydney based on the weight and package size and I don't have the full room for the full shell (only planning to build the forward section).

Their liners are also not advertised on their website so I do not know how much they will cost.
    Vier-im pott has a structural setup for smaller builds ("mini shell") and that is for consideration.

vier im pott also offers a newer frame (Std M-Frame) its only for the FWD overhead and the 2 Side window its about 2,90 meters wide and about 2 meters depth (+/-). just contact them they will give you the details. or send me a PM i can send you a pic of it buld up in my room.

regards
    Kevin

25+ Posting Member

Hi Ben, Kevin,

I've been in touch with 4IP and they provided me some info on their frames.

For me it comes down to a trade-off between integration capability and completeness.

If I go with the VIP frame then I'll be using the Skalarki-supplied overhead box/frame which, I have been advised, is compatible with the VIP frame but not with their liners. I'd then have to come up with a bespoke overhead liner solution.

In addition, I still need to create the enclosure and window geometry as I'm not yet planning to invest in the VIP interior, although it does look sublime.

Alternatively, the FDS nose section will give an immediate enclosure and window geometry which can be used to integrate a bespoke liner solution. My concern is that I do not know how the Skalarki overhead would integrate into the shell and I would need an MIP and glare solution compatible with both Skalarki. I'd integrate it myself but every step is a patchwork of compromises.

Ben do you know if the Skalarki FCU and Glare wings would integrate easily into the FDS Glareshield?

Kevin I'd like to see some pictures of your set up. Are you using the VIP overhead frame?

Thanks guys
    Richard

25+ Posting Member

Hi Ben, Kevin,

I've been in touch with 4IP and they provided me some info on their frames.

For me it comes down to a trade-off between integration capability and completeness.

If I go with the VIP frame then I'll be using the Skalarki-supplied overhead box/frame which, I have been advised, is compatible with the VIP frame but not with their liners. I'd then have to come up with a bespoke overhead liner solution.

In addition, I still need to create the enclosure and window geometry as I'm not yet planning to invest in the VIP interior, although it does look sublime.

Alternatively, the FDS nose section will give an immediate enclosure and window geometry which can be used to integrate a bespoke liner solution. My concern is that I do not know how the Skalarki overhead would integrate into the shell and I would need an MIP and glare solution compatible with both Skalarki. I'd integrate it myself but every step is a patchwork of compromises.

Ben do you know if the Skalarki FCU and Glare wings would integrate easily into the FDS Glareshield?

Kevin I'd like to see some pictures of your set up. Are you using the VIP overhead frame?

Thanks guys
    Richard

hey,

please send me a PM with You email adress.
    i dont Use the vip overhead frame.
    The FDS give you the shape of the window but thats it. The VIP Frame is easier to add smth that is bot from VIP cause its complete open in every site.
    the FDs Shell is complete closed. I think the VIP Frame is better if You Want build smth in You own.

regards
    Kevin

25+ Posting Member

Hi all,

Here are some pics of my Skalarki-based Sim.

Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks guys
    Richard
    Hi Richard, the glarewings will most likely not interface with the glareshield because they are specifically made to interface with the FDS glarewings.

You should be able to fit a skalarki FCU and EFIS as long as you can build a frame (or get one supplied) for the glareshield. I am using a CP Flight FCU + EFIS and FDS was able to provide me with a custom frame to fit these items in perfectly.

You can check the FDS MIP review on my website. Are you planning to manufacture your sidestick console designs? They are looking very nice.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Ben,

Hi Richard, the glarewings will most likely not interface with the glareshield because they are specifically made to interface with the FDS glarewings.
    My intention would be to removed the glare wings from the glareshield assembly and replace with the Skalarki wings. I don't know for certaint but it looks like the g/wing features in the FDS glareshield structure form part of the structure. Can you confirm this?

By the way do you know roughly what is the slope of the MIP and glareshield with respect to vertical? I've seen figures of ~15deg around the net but nothing concrete. It allso appears to me that the glareshield is inclined beyond 90deg from the MIP face.

Are you planning to manufacture your sidestick console designs? They are looking very nice.
    I'm not sure about manufacturing. I have a design for a strucutre which can be machined from plywood as well as the console top from polyurethene. I will probably have it manufactured rather than fabricate it myself. If it works out to be quite nice I'll certainly make it available for others.

What have you done for your side stick consoles?

Richard

Take a look at http://flightsystem.wixsite.com/airb...320-MIP-Review

I have a picture of the glarewings removed....so perhaps you may be able to make adjustments with the Skalarki wings and fit it in -- usually FDS will only sell the full MIP (with glareshield), so I am not too sure if you can buy the glareshield separately.

I am still waiting for someone to come out with a sidestick console......I placed a deposit with Simquip but that went sour pretty quickly (he couldn't deliver the product); luckily I got my deposit back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast