25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Opencockpits Overhead Changed all I/O assignments

Can anyone pleeeease tell me why all of a sudden my OC Overhead input and output numbers completely changed. I installed the latest SIOC and when this happened I reverted back to my previous 4.01 version but still all IO is different. I spent a LOT of time initially recording all the IO assignments and setting them up in the SSI script. Now I will have to do it again. It's too much pain. What if it happens again. Anyone knows why this would happen. Seems the USB cards on the Overhead sending new numbers now. Any help appreciated. Rob.

75+ Posting Member

Re: Opencockpits Overhead Changed all I/O assignments

Hi

Are you sure that it's not the usb and just device numbers that have changed ?

If so it's quite easy to change. I have never seen that the boards suddenly have changed te numbers

Regards
    Claus

25+ Posting Member

Thanks Claus for the quick reply. It is really strange. I've been using the overhead for close to 2 years now. For example, the Fasten Seat Belts On switch used to send signal 176 to variable 1066. Now in SIOC it shows sending value 138. All input and output are now showing with different values in SIOC. If I set this new value in the SSI script, the switch works. This means I have to go and capture from SIOC all input and output values and set them up in SSI again. This is so strange.

Regards
    Rob.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Rob

Sure you've not changed anything?.
    Going from 138 to 176 seems strange. It seems to at least be on another Mastercard.
    Which connecter do you use on the USBExpansion? and tried a different Parallel cable?

What do SIOC Monitor tell you?

Anyway when I upgrade SIOC I always uninstall the old one after backing up SIOC.ini and other custom files.
    Regards,
    Per-Erik
    www.hoddo.net

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeineddine View Post
    I installed the latest SIOC and when this happened
    It is very unlikely that changing SIOC.exe version is the cause of this. The input numbers, for instance, to be used in a SIOC script are defined by the input used at a Mastercard and the position (1 out of 4) of the MC at the USB expansion card ... And on top of that there is the system of DEVICE numbers. This has nothing to to with SIOC.exe, I'm afraid.

Regards,
    Nico

25+ Posting Member

I did uninstall older SIOC first and I have all my config files backed up in a separate folder. I re-installed the older SIOC and still the same problem. my sioc.ini and .ssi files are from my backup so they are an exact match to what I had. None of the cables on the USBexpansion have been touched ... the connections on the USB hubs to my computer may have changed locations. So I tried changing USB connections at random and none of the new assignments changed, so it is not the USB connections that affect the card integer values. I'm hoping its not a lose jumper or bad cable or bad card somewhere. I will go tonight and re-enter all the values again from the new data SIOC Monitor is giving me.

25+ Posting Member

Problem solved ... I realized that for some odd reason after installing the latest SIOC program, when I run it it gives the error " is not a valid integer value ... Apparently it was unable to open the .ini file or the .ssi file and the error handling can only say that null is not valid. So I did "Run as Administrator" (although my account is already the administrator) and it opened the files fine but I had the above issue with the totally different assignments of the I/O values. So, I figured the two problems must be related. I Removed the new SIOC, then I restored my Windows system to before the installation. I installed the old SIOC 4.01 and when I run it now it does not require to " Run as Administrator " to open the files and everything for the I/O assignments went back to normal . I know this probably is not a SIOC issue otherwise everyone would have complained. But still I'm afraid to re-install the new version. But I will soon. I'm guessing something went wrong during the install of the new SIOC on my Windows that caused this havoc. Some crazy Windows glitch in security settings of the files or something. A Windows restore reverted everything back. Well, at least now my overhead is back working (my gauges are screwed up , don't know why but I'll figure it out). Thanks to all who helped. Much appreciated. Rob.