Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Need help with software.

ok so did some reading going to attempt a roll back to xp pro just so i can get all of my cards tested and once i have all well and done i will go back to win7 and get myself a usb expansion card. so i my be back to update you soon or i could be making a big mistake! wish me luck and hopefully i will be back on soon.
    thanks for the help guys

75+ Posting Member

Went to install the xp pro last night and yup that's right couldn't find my cd so I ordered a parallel db25 to usb cable. my question is has anyone successfully used on of these or is a usb expansion card a must have? I am currently in the process of getting another copy of xp pro sp3 while I wait for the cable.

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

I strongly recommend to use a usb expansion card. The use of the parallel port is obsolete and no longer supported by Opencockpits SIOC.

Nico

75+ Posting Member

Hello nico I was wondering when you were going to hit this thread you are a legend around here. You were a huge help to me when I first got this going years ago, so thanks again. I know the usb expansion is the way to go I was just trying to get an idea if my cards were still ok (been in storage for a while) before I go ahead and spend the cash on the expansion card. wanted to know if anyone had success with an adapter cable simply to see if the cards still function.

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

I see. Well these cards are very robust; as long as you keep them away from water, they will still work, no problem

75+ Posting Member

I have rolled back to xp pro and finally got around to some testing. cards seem to work unfortunatly i cannot get anything to work thru sioc. i can get results using the iocards exe. but nothing thru sioc im sure im missing something but i just can not remember. im running sioc 3.5 seing that i am hooked thru a parrallel port for the time being. does anyone have any suggestions? it may be a config issues but i dont remember enough about it and unfortunatly like nico said before. lpt is out dated but unfortunatly i cannot afford an expansion card at this time. so if anyone is still running old lpt hookup or just remembers a thing or two about the older sioc i would greatly appreciate any help thank you in advance.
    Tim

75+ Posting Member

eureka!!! i got it to work....thanks to my four year old son. he ran up to me and showed me a drawing he did. he said see dada i put the sign in brackets to make it stand out...it was only then that i realized i left the master card declaration in my config file in brackets which was preventing it from being seen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12