Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing Alternative to Leo Bodnars BU0836X?

Hey guys,
    Currently in the process of bringing the materials together for my pedestal and it appears that Leo Bodnar no longer stocks or sells his interface boards. I am currently after an alternative card to use with rotary encoders to drive comm/nav panels etc. Ideally I want to control through the FSUIPC module as a key press to the PMDG737NGX. I had a look at the Desktop Aviator rotary encoder boards however people have reported problems with responsiveness and reliability of the turning of the encoders. As I see it my options are the Desktop Aviator 2090 (which people have reported problems with), coding SIOC through the open cockpits cards of which I have a basic understanding (writing to LEDs, Displays etc), acquiring a BU0836X which people are willing to sell or any other ideas which the community might have in interfacing encoders to the software.
    I would greatly appreciate any input which the community might have.
    Regards
    Boeing737NGCockpit

Re: Alternative to Leo Bodnars BU0836X?

Try googling Mjoy 16 device - a simple PCB with small Atmega which has 64 buttons, 8 potentiometers and 4 encoders and acts as a generic joystick in Windows... Pretty cheap and easy to build.

Pavel

Bodnar still seems to have the BBI32 in stock. It's just like the 836X but without potentiometer support.

Thanks for the replies guys Unfortunately I need 16 rotary inputs so the mjoy won't suit the job. I wasn't aware of the other Bodnar boards he did have in stock and this looks like a viable option . Apparently the 2090 works fine as long as you use the right encoders and configure the software correctly so I'll have to compare the 2090 and BBI32 and come to a decision. Thanks for the pointers guys