10+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Which cards to buy?

Hello ,

I want to start with Arduino cards for my cockpit and want to know which cards to buy to run a full cockpit,
    Overhead, Pedestal, glareshield and mainpanel
    I was thinking of 1 mega and 2 uno cards is that enough ?
    is it posible to use more cards in on cockpit ?

regards john

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Which cards to buy?

Hello John.
    That is quite the mission you are about to embark on. I only have my toes in the water; I am in the (slow) process of developing a method to easily, cheaply, and efficiently use the arduino I/Os before making the plunge for parts - thread: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26317. My overhead design/idea has changed since the last posting - perhaps I'll update the thread in the near future.

The reason I plan to use the I/Os efficiently is because the overhead (737NG) has roughly 150 indicator lamps and the forward overhead requires 120 inputs alone. This also assumes you plan to all of the indicators and switches for logic control.

The Mega has 64 I/Os and can support up to (2) centipedes (64 I/Os each) for a total of 192 I/Os available on one Mega.

That said, 128 I/Os should be able to support the glare shield and MIP; another 64 I/Os can support the pedestal.

I hope you found this useful.
    JM

10+ Posting Member

Hello JM,
    Yes indeed i am on a big mission and this is already been going on for a vew years I am now working with Fsbus dll but its hard to get it to work as it should be thats why I am into search for new things and this arduino I/Os looks too me that this wil be the future for cheap I/O systems. I have used for a long time keyboard emulation but that was not efficient enough for the intire cockpit.
    Can I take more cards in one system?

regards john

150+ Forum Groupie

If you are going to use Jim's Multi-Link2FS program, you can have up to three pulling information from the flight simulator. In my opinion, a person can get a lot of bang for their buck using an arduino due to its versatility and price.