Thread: A320 FMGS B31

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B31

Hi ToTom,
    thanks this sounds great. For me is it ok, if you are using the performance from the A320, as it works then.

Cheers
    Florian

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Peiman View Post
    Dear Jeehell,

Thanks for the update,
    The AP issue has been solved.
    I have noticed some minor issues which are not really important but it might help FMGS be more realistic.

1- CVR TEST button on overhead panel does not sound BEEP! when it is pressed.

2- On RCDR panel when flight crew turn on the GND CTL pb as part of cockpit preparation, The button has to be switched off automatically when the A/C is airborne.

3- During cockpit preparation and battery check, SD does not bring up ELEC page automatically when I turn the BAT 1 and 2 OFF.

4- In flight if I turn off PACK 1 and/or 2, no warning triggers on EWD.

5- The CRS of ILS cannot be modified in RAD NAV page of MCDU in case of back course take off for correct indication of Ground Roll Guidance Command Bar.

6- There is still some problems with Flight Plan on ND and actual flight trajectory. (see pictures bellow) the airplane symbol on ND always drifts from flight plan especially during holding and tight interception. It seems the airplane does not try to correct itself with flight plan except for straight flight path.

7- I have noticed that maximum Bank Angel commanded by FD on PFD does not exceed more than 25 degs when AP is on. While I have seen in real A320 that the maximum Bank Angel with AP on, is 30 degs.

8- When planning a route by using MCDU F-PLN >> AIRWAYS >> VIA[ ] function followed by selecting a desire STAR, The common waypoints between the airway's segment and STAR should not be duplicated on F-PLN page.

By the way I could not find any button to set and control THS.

Thanks for your unmatched software.

Point number 8, i already told about this little times, so i think he's aware of that and i suggested to automatically remove duplicated waypoint that it's not part of a sid or star etc...

Have a look...

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hello Peiman,

1- CVR TEST : this should work, as the FCOM says: "This activates the test, if the CVR is on (the GND CTL pushbutton pressed, or during the first 5 minutes after energization of the aircraft electrical network), and the parking brake is on."

2- GND CTL pb : I quote the FCOM again : "The system automatically switches from ON to AUTO at the first engine start, and also in case of an electrical transient." The transients are not simulated. But in no cases the switch will revert to auto when airborne, as any way it is working (either because forced ON or because of the auto logic, so no need to get it back to auto then).

3- I have some work to do on the batteries, I do not know when I'll start on that.

4- ECAM warnings are not all implemented yet, I slowly add them when I find the time to do so.

5- The back course function is not supported, only front beam. The ILS course is automatically set from the navigation database, I'll see in the future to allow the manual CRS change as per the acft specs (probably when I'll add the RMP back up tuning mode).

6- About HOLDs: the drawing of holding pattern in the real aircraft is achieved by using the green dot speed. It may take into account the wind, but if the aircraft flies in selected mode at a faster speed than GD, then the ACFT symbol will not follow the track.
    In general on all legs, I think you do not realize the complexity of drawing curves with winds and TAS parameters... I do not think any freeware could come up with curved displays, and not sure even all expensive payware have as detailed ARINC legs as my software...

7- Actually in most cases, the turn limit is 25° on the real ACFT. It can be up to 30° in some legs (fixed turn radius for example)

8- I'll look at that

By the way I could not find any button to set and control THS
    there are none for now

Regards,
    JL

4. Thanks Peiman thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Hi all, Hi JH
    I only have the 22/03/14 version of air file and cannot find the 02/04/14 version. any idea ?

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Dear Jeehell

1- Yes, it was my mistake. I forgot to set a button for parking brake.
    2- Thats right, But I mean the GND CTL pb turns to AUTO position automatically which is "lights out". but for me whenever I turn it ON during p. check, The blue light remains illuminated throughout the flight. Anyway I will check it again.
    6- I have encountered another strange behavior. The airplane turned opposite direction during a direct entry holding.
    7- I have seen many times in a CAE A320 FFS that bank angle limit while AP engaged is 30°. Also checked A320 FMGS by FAROS and some other videos which are 30°.

No doubt your software is the best and I appreciate every single byte of your project and extremely grateful for all your efforts.

Regards.
    Peiman

Hi

Pierre, maybe using the latest full install posted a couple days ago?

@Peiman: The 30° can be achieved on what is called hpath legs, which are not yet made different in my software. As for the wrong entry direction, I'll check. Did you approach on a different angle than the normal NAV path drawn on the ND?

JL

8. Thanks Peiman thanked for this post
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi

As for the wrong entry direction, I'll check. Did you approach on a different angle than the normal NAV path drawn on the ND?

JL
    No, it was on NAV mode. I just changed the default inbound course value calculated by fmgs and put my desire one prior reaching the waypoint and the waypoint was part of my flightplan.
    but this is the first time that something like this happens.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi
    the master warning button always disapears on the fcu. Do I have to activate it somehow?

Best
    Stefan

Not sure about your question, but the only option available is to only show MC/MW on the software FCU when there is an actual warning...

JL

150+ Forum Groupie

@peiman: i can confirm from my experience Flying in 320 cockpits that the GND CTL ON blue light remains on during all the flight when selected ON during cockpit preparation.
    regards
    fil

13. Thanks Peiman thanked for this post