10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Pulse Circuit Help

It's time for more flight sim interface questions. I have scoured the 'net and have found many references to pulse generator circuits and the like (including products offered from Desktop Aviator and the Leo Bodnar card), but I am having trouble following the schematics.

Here's my question/request:

I have a GPWiz-40 from Groovy Game Gear, which provides me with a decent quantity of buttons. I have momentary push buttons which, work like a charm, but I would also like to incorporate toggle switches to handle functions such as "Taxi Light On" and "Taxi Light Off" in the respective switch positions.

I am hoping someone can show me via step by step what components to use to create a pulse circuit to accomplish this. I am good at following directions, but can't always visualize the intended outcome. For reference, it is a 5 volt source.

Thanks.

Justin

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Pulse Circuit Help

You can connect toggle switches to Leo's cards no problem, no need for extra circuits.

10+ Posting Member

Thank you for the reply tiburon, I was aware of the pretty much "plug and play" capability of the Bodnar card, but I need assistance with a "dumb" card. My intent is not to purchase the Bodnar card at this time, I think I need something simple, like, take capacitor and solder here then take relay and solder here type thing.

Thanks again.

300+ Forum Addict

Maybe somebody has a clue what you're talking about and can help you, I have no idea.

If you want to have input from both switch positions, you will either need an double throw toggle switch, or you will need to set FSUIPC to read a switch turning to it's off position as an input. Either way, momentary switches will not help you, as you need continuous input.