Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Options for driving 7 segment LED's

Hello,

I am new to the forum and cockpit building. I mainly fly GA aircraft and thought I would start small and build myself some Bendix King style avionics that can be used for a variety of aircraft.

I have researched a number of input cards for the necessary encoders and buttons. However I also need to drive quite a few 7 segment displays for the readout. The output card options seem to be far fewer here.

I like the idea of the the opencockpits cards (although I would need a lot!). I may struggle to get these without paying a small fortune in postage. What are the alternatives that can handle inputs and outputs?

I run FSX on Windows XP. I also have a registered version of FSUIPC if that is relevant.

Regards,

Harry

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Options for driving 7 segment LED's

Hi Harry,

I use Pokeys and these cards http://www.flightsimparts.eu/simulator.html Wendy, the site owner can be very helpful also. These cards are so easy to use and I have made my 737 MCP with these cards under Prosim737. Wendy also has a section on this Forum and visits here regularly. Just search Pokeys.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.