Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Arduino mega 2560, mastercard OC, SIOC and tons of basic, essential questions

Quote Originally Posted by learjetmike View Post
    Hi Guys, Im a very new simbuilder and just bought an arduino mega and this message is more directed at Jim, im from hanger 45.net where most of the guys there use other boards for interfacing but in the UK Ican pick up the mega for £13! so its an obvious choice.
    Like I say I am an absolute novice with the arduino and just asking the question other than the link2fs software what things would i need to get my mega acting for me like the learjet.

Just buying leds, encoders, switches and wiring.......

Thanks

Mike
    You do know you can flash the Arduino so it becomes a joystick controller with 52 inputs ? Very easy to do and just assign your switches through FSUIPC afterwards. Of course you lose the output functions...

Martin

10+ Posting Member

Re: Arduino mega 2560, mastercard OC, SIOC and tons of basic, essential questions

Hi Martin,
    I sorta had an idea that it could but no idea where to start with that, any help will be much appreciated.

you can mail me direct at mjeyre@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tiburon View Post
    You do know you can flash the Arduino so it becomes a joystick controller with 52 inputs ? Very easy to do and just assign your switches through FSUIPC afterwards. Of course you lose the output functions...

Martin

300+ Forum Addict

Mike, take a look here, it tells you exactly what to do : http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/DFUProgramming8U2

300+ Forum Addict

Ah, I found a tutorial on my pc, I'll send it to you.

Did anyone have a solution to the problem of getting Link2FS to work with Prepar3D? I am having the same issue as LearJetMike when I try to run the .exe file. I am running Windows 7 - 64bit.

I am trying to get Link2fs_multi_FSX_v6f to run on my PC. The following message comes up when the executable tries to load.

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
    File name: 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1)

I previously had Link2FS working on my PC when I had FSX installed. Now that I only have P3D, Link2FS does not run. Does it look for FSX in the registry?

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

hi Lderoo, i have just completed a full reload on my computer and thought i might give Prepar3d a fair go instead of FSX i get the same error as you for info. however i managed to fix the issue by loading the older version of simconnect from the p3d folder

check under /lockheed martin/prepar3d v2/redist/interface/and install the simconnect.msi from the fsx-rtm folder and the fsx-sp1 folder

If you can afford the £600 for prosim then this is the way to go bar none. I helped my mate build his pit and the setup with prosim is so easy. To make gauges yourself get the pololu servo card they come in 8, 12, 18, and 26 form and are only about £20 to £36 and work of the bat with prosim. Phidget boards are also plug and play with prosim.
    Here is a link to the servo cards
    http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/mini-m...?keyword=servo

10+ Posting Member

hate to keep the thread alive, but thanks for all your help guys. special thanks to Jim. i havent played around much with link2fs in a year.. but plan to get back on it. making a lot of progress with building a cessna T210 pit. just love those analogue guages and equally fun making them. just fell in love with arduino. anyway, the new rasberry pi 2 came out today. its got a tons of cool features. anyone planning to implement that anytime soon?

as for the 737, i made the arduino into a duel joystick with 64 buttons. works flawlessly. used it to make a very "rough" overhead panel, just to see if its even possible. using mouse macros, and xpadder, i was able to assing keystrokes to every toggle switch. next i started building a CDU. i know.. pretty random. got carried away. anyway. was able to build yet another crude looking, but functional CDU, using a MIMO 7" LCD P n P display.
    (man i wish i had a 3d printer)
    so finally i decided to shift to P3D V2.4. absolutely visually stunning with the beautiful DX11 support. its kinda hard to go back to FSX. so.. just wanted to know if anyone made that switch.. and how does it affect cockpit building? does the link2fs work with prepar3d? can i still make mouse macros? can i make a complete switch?
    again.. thanks for all your help guys! you rock

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234