Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Arduino mega 2560, mastercard OC, SIOC and tons of basic, essential questions

Sat just gone a friend build a wall in front of my garage door so the build has now started lol

Re: Arduino mega 2560, mastercard OC, SIOC and tons of basic, essential questions

Sorry to jump in on this thread,, but I have a quick question and you Guys seem to know what your talking about.

In my "Link2fs Multi" program (for the Arduino) I have been playing around with adding a couple of pages where the user can just "drop in" any FSUIPC extraction offset and that extraction is then sent to the Arduino after it is processed into a usable format ,,, meaning we can access all the FSUIPC extraction offsets as well as the Simconnect stuff.
    So far it working very well with extractions.

My question ,,,, is to do with "inputs"

My program can input simconnect codes as well as keyboard codes thru the "Keys" section so I thought I had the input side of things covered.
    Is any reason I should be adding a section for FSUIPC inputs ????

Good luck with the garage mods

Thanks Guys ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

10+ Posting Member

Hi Jim,
    Firstly, I need to thank you for your great work. Without it, I would have been stumped... or have to buy expensive Plug and play modules. So again cheers. I assume when you mention "dropping in" the FSUIPC offsets this would be used for the LEDs in the annunciators for example? I have not been on your site for a while!!!
    I have had a major problem trying to find and extract these offsets/extractions but my knowledge is rather limited. My brother-in law is helping with that side of thing as I really don't understand it!
    With regards to your question. I'm not 100% sure what benefit that would bring however I don't know the half of what FSUIPC can provide. As I said earlier, I just assigned a mouse macro in FSUIPC, to a key. This key was assigned earlier in your "Link2fs" program. For example; I wired the taxi light switch to pin 20. Assigned it to F1. In FSUIPC mouse macro, clicked taxi light and assigned it F1.
    Is this the way it should be done or is there an easier way?
    I hope I have not rambled on too much!

Tradari, Lucky you!! I still have a pile of wood and plaster sitting in my garage...... Build on hold! Lol

FSUIPC hooks are always handy and i find that some aircraft seem to work better with sim connect and some better with FSUIPC so having the option would be handy Jim but i fear only for select planes.

Yes ,, thanks Guys ,,, I was just covering some ground as to if there was a need or not.

Some "Hi end" add-on planes carry some of their own "systems" with them and the normal simconnect extraction wont work for a few things (depends on the plane) but Pete (FSUIPC) has included most of them into his FSUIPC program which is marvelous.

Stu ,, re the lights ,,, my program can do all the lights (all separately) with direct inputs with ease. ,,, that is assuming it's not one of those planes mentioned above with it's own "system" for the lights ,, but if what you have done works ,,, then that's all that matters.

The only thing I was worried about was inputs but I suppose my "Keys" section would cover that for those "odd" inputs that some-one may need.

OK Guys ,, Thanks for that ,, I'll leave you in peace ,,, Jim

Jim always happy to see your posts - have you seen the program LINDA which using hooks to fsuipc to control the PMDG would be nice to see one program that links the arduino into everything

Thanks Tradari. I had a look at Linda last night and done a quick study.
    It certainly looks a great program and well thought out ,, more reading ahead for me.

I also downloaded the latest FSUIPC SDK to get an update on all it's bits and pieces so between the two, there is going to be another "read and take it all in" period for me.

At the end of the day I just want to have the option for some-one to be able to extract (say) the autopilot altitude from within a "Hi end" add-on that does not use simconnect for that purpose.

I suppose even just having a section where the user can type in his own request is still going to be handy for some Guys for need that odd thing that is not one of my standard extractions.

OK ,, back to the drawing board.

Cheers ,,, Jim

8. Thanks fsx-cockpit thanked for this post
    Likes fsx-cockpit liked this post

Jim, do you use sometimes X-Plane?
    Is there a possibility sometimes to see a " Link2xplane_multi " ?

I spend much time with FSX. My wife ask me if there is a programm " Link2wife_multi "....I am real happy about the Autopilot

To all wifes and girlfriends in the FSX world, thank you for passion with us

Cheers, Chris
    Nothing gets me down - until my girlfriend say " Darling...please...garbage!" Homepage: www.fsx-cockpit.com

10+ Posting Member

Hi Guys, Im a very new simbuilder and just bought an arduino mega and this message is more directed at Jim, im from hanger 45.net where most of the guys there use other boards for interfacing but in the UK Ican pick up the mega for £13! so its an obvious choice.
    Like I say I am an absolute novice with the arduino and just asking the question other than the link2fs software what things would i need to get my mega acting for me like the learjet.

Just buying leds, encoders, switches and wiring.......

Thanks

Mike

10+ Posting Member

hi jim also just got this error while trying to run the exe file on a windows 8.1 system 64 bit

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
    File name: 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
    at Link2fsMulti.Link2fsMulti.DefWndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8000 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Link2fsMulti
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Downloads/link2fs_multi_fsx_v5h/link2fs_multi_fsx_v5h.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    AxInterop.WMPLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Downloads/link2fs_multi_fsx_v5h/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
    Interop.WMPLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Downloads/link2fs_multi_fsx_v5h/Interop.WMPLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast