10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How to Connect my own IOCard to SIOC server

Hello everyone

I'm building my own IOCard. and I wanna interface with SIOC from opencockpit later. I have been learning how to communicate with SIOC server and successed (in log box written "IOCP Client connected" and clients connected label shows counter-up). I think my client connected and ready to communicate each other. but my problem is how to build communication between my own IOCard to SIOC server thru SIOC client I made (replace opencockpit's one). I am also using compiled sioc script (.ssi). the tutorials discussing on this is hard to find out. any friend tried this, pls share me?

thank you

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: How to Connect my own IOCard to SIOC server

Hi prinwibowo,
    I'm not sure what you mean with an IOCard... but...

Opencockpits IOCards do not communnicate (in my opinion) with the SIOC server via IOCP protocol. SIOC recognises the IOCards hardware via propriatary solutions, that's why you need a new version of SIOC when a new IOcard arrives...
    You can then write SIOC scripts that use the inputs/outputs and so on of the new IOCard, and THEN you can use the IOCP protocol to communicate with the SIOC server about theses input/outputs (defined in variables) from an IOCP client in your software running at a PC (like lekseecon) or in embedded software running in another piece of equipment.

BTW: I'll delete this thread in a few days, because it is completely out of scope here (dealing with the FSUIPC version of lekseecon) and you have already posted this question in another Forum at Mycockpit...

Regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 11-01-2013 at 06:10 AM.