Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Arduino Card, Link2Fs,7 segment LED,FSUIPC and FSX.

Hello all and well done for your job all in here!
    Please I have some question that I couldn't solve at all due to this enormous amount of data in here. As a bewbie I really don't find a solution to what I need and where to find it in here or at Jim's site. The only thing I can assure you is that I know how to solder and wire up everything.

What I want to make is an MCP panel. I want to use an arduino card (the one that you will suggest me), rotary switches, buttons and 7 segment leds. The question is. Which card to buy and which is the code so as for the leds to display the altitude for example. I found that on Jim's site but for LCD. Moreover I couldn't find the wiring.

I want the mcp to look almost like http://www.opencockpits.com/cache/co...d14d365458.jpg . Of course mine will be less professional but I will use this as a basis. I got some ideas from youtube talking about source and the rest but really I saw no wiring.

Arduino Mega TM1640, Rotary Encoders, super fast no interrupts - YouTube
    Rotary Encoder, FSX, Arduino, TM1640 display working together - YouTube

Sorry again for asking too much, but could somebody help me out stating what exactly do I have to do? Really I have made a lot of searching but codes are not my stuff. Can somebody tell me the way to do it?

P.e. You have to do.

1) buy this card ..... etc
    2) wire them that way....
    3) You need that code

the rest I think I can do it myself. I am also worried about if the arduino handles the switches as leo bodnar's card does. I mean if it is so simple such like you can see what i have made here

P1260033_zps1cd4dc17.jpg

Before any answers, I have to thank your all for the great stuff you share here and I would appreciate it if you could help me to start and finish this project. In case this topic's questions are answered somewhere else please let me know. I did search it a lot but I couldn't find my way.

Best Regards,
    Antony Manalis.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Arduino Card, Link2Fs,7 segment LED,FSUIPC and FSX.

Hello all again. I found a new video and this is exactly what I want to make, but unfortunately the guy doesn't share the any information. Regards!

FS2004 iFly 737 Home Made MCP - YouTube

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Arduino Card, Link2Fs,7 segment LED,FSUIPC and FSX.

Hello, Antony.
    I have this same project on my excessively long to-do list. I have the buttons w/ leds, a handful of rotary encoders, etc; I just don't have the ability to cut flawless rectangles. In short, I'll be learning from you.

As it stands, you will have roughly 40 inputs and 161 outputs for your MCP.
    You could purchase an arduino MEGA (64 I/O) and 2 Centipede shields (2 x 64 = 128 ) for 192 I/Os. This example assumes you will use (1) input for each latching/non-latching switch input, (2) inputs for each encoder, (1) output for each led, and (7) outputs for each number.

That said, allow me to divulge my plans:
    1.) I have an arduino Mega (64 I/Os).
    2.) 8 blocks of 3- 7seg leds (all sharing a,b,c,d,e,f,g with common cathode pin for each number); this will reduce required pins when multiplexing(charlieplexing) is used.
    3.) The push-buttons w/leds are momentary push-buttons - not latching; I plan to also multiplexi(charlieplex) my input pins to further reduce the required pins. NOTE: when charlieplexing inputs, the switch must be normally open and momentary or hardware damage may occur.

So, to drive all leds(including the 7-seg) I'll need roughly 47 outputs; for the push-buttons I'll need 8 (using a 4x4 matrix config), and 16 inputs for the encoders. Sum total of 47 outputs and 24 inputs using this method. Thus, my Mega will still be short 7 I/Os. Unless I can tweak it further, an arduino centipede shield will need to be purchased.

So, as you can tell, the hardware depends on how much hardware and soldering you're willing to do as opposed to writing additional code to supplement the use of additional hardware.

There are many who may have a different approach - and I hope they'll chime in. I seriously doubt you'll find any working code for the MCP. If you do, please post the link. In any case, since I a vested interest this project in the future (as others do as well), I'll do what time allows to help you with writing the code. The only catch would be that the final working code must be published for other to learn from and use.

JM