Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

TH2GO or Software...that is the question

The short question is how is 225 FOV achieved on FSX? Is it TH2GO, Warping Software, or a combination of both? Will TH2GO give you a 225, or 180 by itself or is 135 the standard? For those who are warping two separate windows into one display on a single projector, does these impact your performance at all? Thanks.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: TH2GO or Software...that is the question

I think Immersive Display can do automatic edge blending and warping with multiple windows.

So if i opted to use TH2GO and warping software due to a cuved screen and three projectors capable of 75 degrees, will i still be able to get 225 fov? Incorporating TH2GO should prevent performance issues. I appreciate the quick responses.

Thank you Nick.

10+ Posting Member

Nick,
    Though this thread has been inactive for well over a year now I am hoping you somehow receive notice of updates here.
    Anyway, if you do receive this I would appreciate your help setting up my 225 Deg screen with 3 projectors.
    Currently I have 3 BenQ projectors, a 225 Deg cylindrical screen at 225cm radius and 2m height. I am running FSX on one computer with my three projectors combined in one using AMD's Eyefinity (sort of like TH2G). I am also using Immersive Calibration Pro and Immersive Display Pro to warp the images projected into the proper 225 Deg projection on the scree. Immersive Calibration pro produces the required settings of the views (cameras) needed to produce the 225 Deg curved view and that is a great feature.
    I am OK with the image I am getting (3 x 1280x800), which is not so impressive at 2.25m away (you can actually see the pixels (5mmx5mm each), BUT my problem is the FPS i am getting in FSX and P3D, a mere 12 fps which is truly unacceptable.
    My computer setup is very powerful but I think running three views in FSX is just too much for the game regardless of the power of your CPU, memory, and graphics card!
    I would like to try to run three computers each running FSX with Wideview, each producing one view on one projector and I need to know how t do that and how to warp the projected images to produce one continuous warped view.
    Do you know of any software that can warp three projectors each running on a separate computer?
    I appreciate any guidance.
    Thank you.
    Ammar

10+ Posting Member

Nick,
    Sorry I did not see your post till now!
    Thank you for posting a response. I am also using 3 views and no 4th view (do we need that?). But I am getting 13-14 fps only on the ground at London City. I will try some other airport in a less dense area and see what I get.
    A real shame that FSX/P3D cannot be run at full display options on a 3 view setup!
    These games were not designed for large view surfaces!
    When you start the 3-computer/WideView setup, please record what you do and share with us so many can enjoy your findings.
    thanks again.
    Ammar

25+ Posting Member

Hi guys,

I am running a 200 degrees curved screen with 3 optoma full hd projectors 1920x1080 including Immersive Calibration and Immersive Display Pro and I am very happy with it. My Projectors are connected to 1 PC via Nvidia Surround and I am running P3D 2.5. Also with demanding sceneries like Aerosoft Frankfurt X together with Orbx Ftx Global and pretty high settings I achieve arround 25 fps which is absolutely ok ! With Flytampa Kaitak i get more than 30 fps as well with high settings like cloud shadows ,water reflections etc.

here you can see a little example:

http://youtu.be/uOyTCF1e6ps

My PC is an i7 4770K Overclocked to 4.3 GHz, 8gb Ram, win7 Ultimate and Flightsimstuff installed on a SSD, so not really a killer machine

If I can some hints please do not hesitate to ask

Cheers

Michael

8. Likes Westozy liked this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly77 View Post
    Hi guys,

here you can see a little example:

http://youtu.be/uOyTCF1e6ps

My PC is an i7 4770K Overclocked to 4.3 GHz, 8gb Ram, win7 Ultimate and Flightsimstuff installed on a SSD, so not really a killer machine

If I can some hints please do not hesitate to ask

Cheers

Michael
    Hi Michael, looks great! I see you are using Ikea products to help setup your screen How many poles did you use, and how did you attach the curve screen to the pole?

Thank you.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

Hi OmniAtlas,

It is great that somebody from australia recognize that somebody from Germany is using swedish products, isn't it little world

I used 6 poles, 3 on each side. In the middle the screen, which is just a 3mm wood plate (in Germany the material is called MDF), is attached on the wall.

I used 2 ikea stolmen end fittings on each pole and mount a wood lath in between. To this wood lath 3x4cm I attached the screen.

The screen is painted right now with ordinary white wall paint but I will experiment with a gray like paint which is called "black widow". This paint should give a gain factor of 0.7 and this should nearly eliminate the brighter overlapping areas of the projectors. But I am already very happy with my results.

Just for info, the screen is 1,6m high starting at 55cm from the floor and the total length is 6,11m.

Cheers

Michael

10+ Posting Member

@Michael,

I have the exact same setup you have with 3 BenQ projectors now (i am getting 3 Optoma GT1080's) and I also use Immersive Pro software. My rig is an ASUS Z87k with an i7 at 4790 at 4GHz, 16Gb at 2667Hz and a Radeon R9 295 x2 and I am using AMD Eyefinity instead of the Nvidia Surround.
    I have been trying P3D 2.2, 2.4 and FSX but the best I could get out of all software was closer to 13fps (at medium scenery settings).
    It seems running three views kills the fps!
    Are you using the three views as exported from Immersive Calibration Pro?
    Can you please share your FSX or P3D settings with us? And can you please pm me a copy of your flight file, I would like to see what your views are defined as.
    Have you done any "tweaking" to get the 25fps?
    And finally, can you report what kind of fps you get while you are on the tarmac at London City with medium settings of everything and in a Cessna?

From your cool video I notice you also have the "too bright" joint between the three projectors. I also could not get better blending from Immersive and almost no way to do it manually!
    Though the scenery and clarity are fabulous (I love the Frankfurt Dusk footage), i am not sure why there is too much "stuttering" (not sure the words explains what I mean!)? Looks like the picture is being stepped through, not too smooth! Or is this the video, YouTube and my MACBookPro? Looking at again i am almost sure it is Youtube and my computer

Thank you in advance and I am very interested to see how you were able to achieve twice what I have!
    Verrrrry interesting

Ammar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast