Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: TH2GO or Software...that is the question

I confirm the stuttering was from my end; playing the video on Youtube over the internet! I downloaded it and played it on my computer, it is just fantastic, i wish i can achieve this!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly77 View Post
    Hi OmniAtlas,

It is great that somebody from australia recognize that somebody from Germany is using swedish products, isn't it little world

I used 6 poles, 3 on each side. In the middle the screen, which is just a 3mm wood plate (in Germany the material is called MDF), is attached on the wall.

I used 2 ikea stolmen end fittings on each pole and mount a wood lath in between. To this wood lath 3x4cm I attached the screen.

Cheers

Michael
    Thanks Michael, I only have 1 projector so I may consider doing half a screen or 90 degrees first to experiment.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Ammar,

sorry for my late reply. Unfortuneatly I haven´t had the time to do some pictures or screenshots.

First of all I have to say that I am using the projectAirbus A320 out of the fantastic Jeehell FMGS in preparation for my coming A320 homecockpit.
    Maybe already this brings some FPS.
    I am using the exported camera definitions out of Immersive Calibration Pro, so I do also have 3 (which are really 4) windows (views). I have done no tweaking which I think is not necessary in P3D 2.5.
    Pictures of my P3D settings will follow maybe at the weekend. I do not use hard water and shadow settings (water low with cloud refle. / just cloud shadows on ground) but all my other settings are pretty right.
    Yesterday evening I quick tested London City area, of course with PJAirbus A320, and got with very high autogen settings around 23-25 fps.
    I expected more cause with other standard sceneries I achieved always more than 35-40 FPS but i guess that that london city is frame consuming beacuse of the autogen, buildings, water etc.

Do you have the K version of the 4790 ? If yes push it a bit more, I think 4,5GHz should be working

Best regards

Michael

10+ Posting Member

Thank you Michael.
    I am really astonished as to why I am getting such low fps when my settings are almost the same as yours!
    The only real differences I see are that I am using P3D v2.4 not 2.5 and my projectors are BenQ 1280x800 not Optoma 1920x1080!
    Could it be the projectors are somehow affecting the fps (I seriously doubt it!)?
    I will download P3D v2.5 (I did not know it was out already) and I will try it and see what I can get out of it!
    The last thing I can do is probably overclock the i7 and maybe change the motherboard as I have already changed the i7 (from 4770 to 4790), changed the RAM from 1666 to 2667 and changed the graphics card from Radeon R9 290 to 295 x2! The only thing left is the ASUS Z87k MOBO!
    I am sure I am not making sense but I probably will try another motherboard and see if that makes a difference!
    I will be waiting for your P3D settings and I will try to imitate them and see what I can get.
    I am now very baffled and annoyed at my tough luck with FSX and P3D!
    Bless you,
    Ammar

25+ Posting Member

Hey Ammar,

no, the projectors can not be a reason in terms of measured fps. They can be a reason for the feel of smoothness if you have an issue regarding refresh rate but not with the measured fps from fsx or p3d.

I am not sure if amd graphic cards still have issues with fsx or p3d. In the past people told about microstutters with radeon cards, but this shouldnt be the reason for low fps as well.

Did you update your bios when you changed your cpu ? I have the asus z87 pro motherboard and i know that there was a necessary update for the devils canyon cpu 4790 ! Bios version must be at least "2005".

Regards

Michael

10+ Posting Member

Thank you Michael.

I knew what you are confirming about the projectors but i am left with no other logical reason for the low fps!

When I had my i7 upgraded the technician did perform a BIOS update, so I assume I have 2005. i will check tomorrow.

Again, i will wait for your settings and see what is going on. Could you also send me a "flt" file with your views settings, i am sure Immersive's views are fine because they do produce a good 225 screen. If you do not mind sending me the P3D "cfg" file as well, i will run a comparison and see what is the difference.

I am wondering if anyone has an explanation to why two people with identical (almost) setups are getting different result to the tone of %100!

Thanks.
    Ammar

25+ Posting Member

Hi Ammar,

here you find the .cfg and the fxml file:

https://docs.google.com/folderview?i...p=docslist_api

and here I made a quick video of the london city test incl. my settings:

http://youtu.be/LFDU-F_v-4s

hope this helps !

best regards

Michael

8. Thanks ammarmalhas thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Dear FireFly77,

I failed to write you earlier but I was , and still am, too busy setting up a B737 sim, and now I am trying to calibrate and run a 3-projector setup with 3 PCs running FSX on each with WidevieW to get one view per PC, that is supposed to give me the fastest fps at much higher graphics settings! I also got me 3 Optoma 1920x1080 the quality of the display is way better than the BenQ 1280x800, waaaay better!

I still envy you the results you are getting and I will not rest until I get what you have shown me in your video.

It will take me time to finish the hardware setup and to calibrate the screens, but eventually i will get to the settings in P3D or FSX and I will report back here.

Many thanks for all your kind help.

10+ Posting Member

Dear Chinxxx,
    Yes it can, that is what the software is all about
    Ammar

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly77 View Post
    Hi guys, I am running a 200 degrees curved screen with 3 optoma full hd projectors 1920x1080 including Immersive Calibration and Immersive Display Pro and I am very happy with it. My Projectors are connected to 1 PC via Nvidia Surround and I am running P3D 2.5. .... Michael
    Hello Michael, just saw your setup. It is nearly the same I am planning for my Cessna Mustang cockpit+ shell. My layout is only 3,4m and with 210° FOV with 3 GT1070X. I calculated based on the Projector Design Tutorial (Flitedeck Solutions) with screen overlap of 12%. The results are ok and match basically your numbers. The GT1070x (also 1080) has a 16:9 ratio, which gives a height of appr. 120cm at 214 cm width. Your screen is 1,6m high. In the video it looks quite high. Question: What is the height of the picture? Because of the 16:9 ratio I considered already 4:3 projectors. Unfortunately there are only XGA and WXGA with less resolution and throw ratio <0,5 available. Is the resolution of 1080 so much better than the 800? I would prefer a higher picture, because looking to the left side you will have more vertical FOV. What do you think about? Peter edit: linebreaks inserted..
    Last edited by wody; 10-23-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: linebreaks did not show up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast