25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

is it possible to extract the information form the atc window and send it to a lcd in arduino?

hi guys
    i've come up with an idea of having a character lcd displaying the information on the atc window of the fsx instead of having it displayed in the sim. so is it possible to extract the information form the atc window and send it to a lcd in arduino?
    best regards

25+ Posting Member

Re: is it possible to extract the information form the atc window and send it to a lcd in arduino?

hi guys
    anyone have some toughts about my question?

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: is it possible to extract the information form the atc window and send it to a lcd in arduino?

Quote Originally Posted by pirata1906 View Post
    hi guys
    i've come up with an idea of having a character lcd displaying the information on the atc window of the fsx instead of having it displayed in the sim. so is it possible to extract the information form the atc window and send it to a lcd in arduino?
    best regards
    Hi,

You could use a small VGA 5" TFT screen and undock the ATC window. I have done this for my CDU running under Prosim737. I am not sure that your idea would work but, as I say, not sure.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

150+ Forum Groupie

Pirata,
    Although a great idea, I checked the SimConnect variables that Jim uses and found nothing to retrieve ATC messages. I also found a confirming post, as early as April 2012, in which Pete Dowson (the FSUIPC creator) also could not find a way to retrieve the atc messages.

Sorry for the bad news.
    JM

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by JMeller View Post
    Pirata,
    Although a great idea, I checked the SimConnect variables that Jim uses and found nothing to retrieve ATC messages. I also found a confirming post, as early as April 2012, in which Pete Dowson (the FSUIPC creator) also could not find a way to retrieve the atc messages.

Sorry for the bad news.
    JM
    Hi JM,

You would be totally correct in your findings. However the method I have offered will at least allow the ATC window to be displayed on another small screen. The small TFT screens along with the PCB and small remote are so cheap also.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

6. Likes JMeller liked this post

Tip of the day: FS-SIMtimizer - MS FSX Forum - The AVSIM Community

This guy can possibly read the ATC window. It detects whether it sent a message to me or an AI aircraft. Maybe you can contact him.

25+ Posting Member

thanks guys
    it would be cool to do that cause i have a few character lcd laying around. unfortunately undocking the atc window would decrease the fps of the sim and thats one of the thins i'm trying to avoid.
    best regards