Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Realisation of “Switching Display Units” in Boeing Glas Cockpit

Hallo,

I read a lot in this forum and now I have also a problem and hope that someone of you can give me the necessary information to solve it.

I will realise the display switching like in the real aircarft (Main Panel: Norm, Outbd PFD; Inbd: Eng Pri, PFD, MFD; Lower DU: ND, Norm, Eng Pri).
    Therefor I have found the offset 0x04F4 and the values 600+, 610+, 620+ and 630+ in the PM offset list. I read that I have to use the F6 page Expanded.

My problem: I jump to page F6 (pressing F6 on the keyboard, it displays ND, PFD and Eng Pri) and then pressing ESC to open the menu. I click on “F6 Expanded” and just in that moment all the displays I saw before (PFD, ND, Eng Pri) on the display have gone. I just have a black screen. Now I tried to write values 600 – 639 to the offset 0x04F4 but nothing happens.

My questions:
    What I have to do to get the display switching working?
    What exactly is to do in the Glas Cockpit settings (What is the F6 Expanded page in detail/what is different when I activate/deactivate it?)?

Hopefully someone of you have already realised this function and can give me an answer to one or more of my questions. I think, this forum would be the only public place I could get help beside from PM.

Thanks,
    Andy.

-----------
    My system:
    - 3 pcs with PM Boeing Glas Cockpit (latest build, WinXP)
    - 1 pc with PM MCP, CDU, pmSystems (latest build, WinXP)
    - 1pc for FS9 (Windows Vista)

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Realisation of “Switching Display Units” in Boeing Glas Cockpit

Hallo again,

in the meanwhile I got an answer to my ticket from projectmagenta. Here is the comment of them:

This is a complex area re the offset allocations and switching. The offsets are listed in the main PM documentation offset listings. I would personally only use the F6 page *if* there is a really important requirement to have those switches working. It is far better to use the normal GC pages. This area of DU switching and failures of DU;s only comes up in a 737 type rating, unless you are doing that type of practise I am not sure why you would require that. If you do, and so desire – then the information is listed in the docs.
    Does anybody think this answer is acceptable? I wrote the same questions then in my post above: How to use the offsets correct and what the reason for black screens on the F6 page could be. For me it is more or less a brashness - or do I overreact?

So, hopefully someone can help me to realise the display unit switching. I will not do a type rating but: I have the switches on my panel, the software of projectmagenta can realise that (according to their documentations) - so why not realising that feature?

Thanks a lot,
    Andy.

Re: Realisation of “Switching Display Units” in Boeing Glas Cockpit

Type ESC on F6 page then click on RESET POSITION normaly all screens will be displayed
    Jacques