10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Red face FSX Offset - how to get the button to life? help pls!

Hello,

I was very exited to find a threat about Carenado B200 offsets, as I was looking now for weeks for a solution to get some switches in FSX assigned to my simpit (Beechcraft King Air and Baron Simpit (Flightsimulator) - YouTube).

In fact I am missing the following switches:

Autofeather ARM
    Inverter on (left/right)
    Auto-Ignition left/right
    Bleed Air Switches left/right

I found for example "Autofeather" with the following information: $2E88, FSX=yes, but I did not find out how to assign it to a key press in FSUIPC.

I would be really happy if someone could just show me for the Autofeather example the 2-3 steps to do to get it running on a key press. Of course I would also be glad to find out the missing commands once I know how to use them.

Thank you and best from Vienna
    Alfred

Re: FSX Offset - how to get the button to life? help pls!

Hi Alfred,

where did you get those offset addresses from?
    In fact the address allone is not the full info you need to successfully assign a button in FSUIPC.
    Taking your example "Autofeather" at hex 2E88, you need also to know a little more about this offset address e.g.: how many bytes and / or which bit should be set in order to activate / deactivate "Autofeather".

Basically you open the button page in FSUIPC and press the key you want to assign.
    FSUIPC should then recognice the key and next you need to decide whether you want to "set a bit" or "enter a word", etc. Then, and only then, you my enter the hex address: 2E88 and add the value (or Bit no.) you want to write into that address.
    Not knowing more details, you may experiment, but it may be very much time consuming and eventually frustrating too.
    Please try to find more detailed info first in order to be able to help you.

Good luck and best rgds

Peter (EDDM)

Where did you get the original offsets for Carenado. I am very new to setting up the panels and need help learning how to setup switches not in FSX.

10+ Posting Member

Guten morgen!

Thank you for the reply. I got those offsets from a french forum (by the way very interesting for cockpit builders)

aircockpit.com • Afficher le sujet - B200 Carenado Offsets

They have a list of offsets for the B200. But I did not read out more information nor did I get any answer to my questions - so I was hoping to find anyone to have an idea to that.

So indeed there is information missing and after playing around I was told that the HEX-code seems to be the right one for autofeather in the B200, but I do not know how to get it to run.

Best, Alfred

Hi Alfred,

did you try the FSX standard offsets in FSUIPC; 2430, 2530,2630 and 2730 (prop1 thru 4) yet?
    Another possibility could be to use the logging feature of FSUIPC.
    Just open the log tab in FSUIPC and enter the offset you want to monitor.
    Then operate the B200 with mouse input and read the value of that offset you monitor.
    This could probably help to find the right input value to, for instance, arm the autofeather.
    Hope that helps you a bit further.

Best rgds

Peter

10+ Posting Member

Hi Peter,

sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation!
    I have tried the monitoring thing before with a friend that is more into FSUIPC. I have read the FSUIPC SDK and went through the list of standard offsets, but I did not find everything from my list. But thanks anyway - I will try this again.

Still I am surprised that there are so little cockpit builders (apparently) interested in this issue. I assume that more have a similar need and that there are ways to read out offsets from an add-on, but the question is how... :P

Best to you
    Alfred