10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

LCD LIGHT HOUSINGS

Hi all,

I saw somewhere a site that sells a plastic housing that holds 2 LED's. Right now I have an (exposed) LED lights, that comes on when I throw the toggle switch. Looks cool, but with these I can put text in front of the hsg so when it lights, it will show what ever device the switch supports, such as " APU" or BAT, ETC. When I first saw them, I didn't know what they were for.

I am learning more as I go building my sim, like, I need SPDT switches instead of SPST, so as to turn the component "on" in the "up" position and "off" in the "down" position, compared to the SPST switch, where as I need to switch the toggle twice to get it off. So, I am ordering several SPDT switches I have now to replace the switches I have now. If I can find these housings, I replace the single exposed LED

Any who,,,,If someone knows where I can buy these plastic housings, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Larry

10+ Posting Member

Re: LCD LIGHT HOUSINGS

Hi,

Yes, that is what I'm looking for. Now I'll need the separate legends to put in them.

Thanks

Larry

10+ Posting Member

Re: LCD LIGHT HOUSINGS

Hello all,

I've seen another solution to LED housing: the man cut approx. 3x5x5cm cubes from bright metal, then glued coloured plexi (with titles) to the front plate, LEDs to the back plate. That's it!
    But I have a question: what's the soultion to driving LEDs? What uses man? With Pokey Cards or Opencockpit cards, Arduino etc.? I looking for the easiest solution.

HA-BEN