10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSX (Sky only) using 4 X 32" inch LED TV / Monitor - 2 Dual Head2Go issues

Hi I am in Sydney Australia, and in all sorts of bother. Im building a pit, so I dont need MIP just sky and instruments.

I can get a stretched weird looking sky over 3 of the screens, but for the life of me I cant get the last one. Its as though FSX has hit its limit.
    Windows 7 is displaying correctly.

I tried adding another cockpit view (removing the MIP) and trying to get the NEW view to look out the right window - BUT only the main window follows that command so Im stuck. The pick I have is actually missing a 1/4 of the sky, but it looked OK so I took the pic. (but its wrong)

I have downloaded WideScreen and paid for the version.
    I have tried iFly 737 add ons, but same issues.

I am running an i7 3.6 Ghz
    2 HDMI output Radeon card
    Then I hade another compatible card installed.

I am willing to pay a person a solid days wages to come and figure it out as its driving me nuts..

Im in Sydney. Please PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

Re: FSX (Sky only) using 4 X 32" inch LED TV / Monitor - 2 Dual Head2Go issues

Quote Originally Posted by muzzza64 View Post
    Hi I am in Sydney Australia, and in all sorts of bother. Im building a pit, so I dont need MIP just sky and instruments.

I can get a stretched weird looking sky over 3 of the screens, but for the life of me I cant get the last one. Its as though FSX has hit its limit.
    Windows 7 is displaying correctly.

I tried adding another cockpit view (removing the MIP) and trying to get the NEW view to look out the right window - BUT only the main window follows that command so Im stuck. The pick I have is actually missing a 1/4 of the sky, but it looked OK so I took the pic. (but its wrong)

I have downloaded WideScreen and paid for the version.
    I have tried iFly 737 add ons, but same issues.

I am running an i7 3.6 Ghz
    2 HDMI output Radeon card
    Then I hade another compatible card installed.

I am willing to pay a person a solid days wages to come and figure it out as its driving me nuts..

Im in Sydney. Please PM me.

Like you wrote : Windows has reached its limits with FSX.
    You need a second pc in wideview setup to get what you want.

Or buy yourself an ATI card which is capable of running in Eyefinity.

One last remark : 4 years ago I tested FSX on one pc with Windows 98 . W98 is capable of running 2 DualHead2go devices , each connected to 1 dvi output.
    So a total of 4 3d accelerated views.

Even with the zoom on 0.30 the groundtextures where to much blown up and not sharp enough when flying lower than 8000 ft.

10+ Posting Member

As I have built the cockpit, I dont think eye intinity is needed (isnt that for virtual cockpit view?)
    OK, so 2nd PC networked, does it need to be the same spex, as my i7 cost me a bomb. and I thought it would be able to run 2 X dualH2go for the sky.. but it seems to be an fsx issue.
    Is there software that can fix up fsx for 4 screens?

Thanks Muz

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by muzzza64 View Post
    As I have built the cockpit, I dont think eye intinity is needed (isnt that for virtual cockpit view?)
    OK, so 2nd PC networked, does it need to be the same spex, as my i7 cost me a bomb. and I thought it would be able to run 2 X dualH2go for the sky.. but it seems to be an fsx issue.
    Is there software that can fix up fsx for 4 screens?

Thanks Muz
    Although Eyefinity can address up to 6 monitors (if you have display port monitors), they are either arranged as 3 in a row, or six in a row with 3 above 3. If you want left and right views you'll need at least one more computer and it will need to be decent spec. I have an i7 and an AMD 7950 card running on three monitors and that's about the limit it can handle. if you want to run with high resolution scenery and detailed airports you have to have high spec machines. Otherwise you'll be watching a slideshow. Of course if you do set up another machine using Wideview, it has to have all the same software installed on it as the main machine.

I tried running with two monitors at first and found that it was a pain on approach, because the bezels on the monitors obscured the runway unless you approached at an angle. That would be the same if you had four monitors. Most people here use one, three or five for that very reason. It's not a problem with projectors because they don't have a bezel.

Hope that helps.
    Joe.

Thumbs up Re: FSX (Sky only) using 4 X 32" inch LED TV / Monitor - 2 Dual Head2Go issues

Sorry Joe!Must have disliked by mistake.I usually use my android to check out mycockpit during the evening...i guess i slippedActually found your awnser very interesting./Regards Lenne
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

hello yeah to display multi screen correctly you need like a good eyefinity card or wideview on diferent computers i dont think fsx has reached its limits the graphics card reach its limits. also amd/ati dont run well with matrox to go nvidia is highly recommended either a 580 or 680 any of this cards can run 2 th2g for a total of 6 screens i would recommend eyefinity i have both. eyefinity is way faster if you can get a 6970 or newer you can run fsx at full settings and still get 25-30 fps hope this helps.