Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Angry PMDG Gauges with Multiple Compters

Hello everyone!

I have been working hard to get my sim where it is now. I think I am at a big point in my sim where I can begin thinking more about flying it, than adding to it. Sure, there is a mess of things that I would like to add, but my big hold up now is this:

I have made this sim around the PMDG 737 (including my homebuilt overhead which I have hooked up nicely), but I can fly other aircraft. That's how I like it. The problem is that I am sick of using Project Magenta Glass Cockpit for my gauges. It simply is too low tech the way I have it set up. I want the PMDG gauges. The issue is that I want to run those gauges on separate networked computers. Basically what MaxiVista would do, but I want to avoid that if possible. I'm really looking for a free program that I can use. Has anyone else tackled this issue? I have heard of FSX Spy which looked great, but I couldn't make it work right and it only supports one live gauge in the free version. I am currently using Air Display with my iPad for the FMS. It lags far too much for a gauge, but good for the CDU.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to seeing y'all's responses and I hope to stay active in this topic!
    Photo Jan 05, 18 48 48.jpg My current sim! I can talk anyone through building this if they would like!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boeing 777 Builder

Re: PMDG Gauges with Multiple Compters

In my opinion the best option in this case is to use Wideview for your network computers and undock the PMDG panels on your second PC monitors. I'm not aware of any suitable software to move your monitor to another PC without significant lag. The multiple PC + Wideview option has been used very successfully for years, and although not a free option, its by no means expensive compared to dedicated network avionics software. The other advantage is that you can then configure all your aircraft similarly making your cockpit very flexible.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: PMDG Gauges with Multiple Compters

For an airbus build how about using jeehell? That's free!