75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

If u take a projector u should take screen, if tv, it will not fit the size, so help please

When i thinking something, anything about my cockpit displaying system, i say do not be afraid, i will buy a projector and no problem.
    But when i read the reviews and see most projectors do not do the complete job in lighted room and special screens most be used to fix this problem, i say okay i will buy a projector screen to my projector.
    Then i starting the search & see the best choice of the projectors screens that available at this moment is BLACK DIAMOND from SCREEN INNOVATIONS.
    Then i say no problem, but when i see the prices of these screens the shock is started........

I will buy the optima HD25 (900$) with the black diamond screen at least (1800$), No i don't have this budget, impossible.

I change the idea to any big tv screen & in shortly the big tv that available in my maximum (1300$) is the VIZIO 70 inch tv, but it still not fit my cockpit wide.

From here the confusing is began and the only thing between my eyes is ???????????

Can anyone help me please!!!!!

Note : i don't need to use multimonitor setup.

75+ Posting Member

Re: If u take a projector u should take screen, if tv, it will not fit the size, so help please

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: If u take a projector u should take screen, if tv, it will not fit the size, so help please

You won't have much luck with any display system in a lit up room. In the absence of sunlight, a cockpit is dark. When you add sunlight, it lights up. The projected image provides that light. Any other lighting you need comes in the form of cockpit lighting, not room lighting. With all that said, you can build your own screen. Plenty of threads about that, as well as the best color paint to use. Personally, I use an off-white, flat paint that I bought at a hardware store. Nothing expensive. It works fine. If you aren't using multi-monitors/displays all you'll have is a front view anyway, so you can just paint your wall.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are getting way to hung up over the visuals for someone that is only have to be using one projector. Throw something up (even a bedsheet) and see how it works. Get the visuals working and you'll probably see that you'll be more than fine with what you have.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

I suggest you get a short throw 1080p projector with that budget. They are coming down in price.

300+ Forum Addict

Buy your screen from here:

Carl's Place - Projector Screen Material, Kits & More!

Several builders have screens from Carl's Place and he has them at great prices! I got mine for $400 US (and that included shipping). My screen is a 9'x39' curved screen using 3 short throw projectors; it's the best thing we ever did (my wife and I)!

Mention to them about the guy (me) up higher than them in Wisconsin, and they'll know who you're talking about, as well as an idea of what you're trying to do. I gave them a lot of info about the flight sim community and the screens we need, so they understand it all...

John

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by blueskydriver View Post
    Buy your screen from here:

Carl's Place - Projector Screen Material, Kits & More!

Several builders have screens from Carl's Place and he has them at great prices! I got mine for $400 US (and that included shipping). My screen is a 9'x39' curved screen using 3 short throw projectors; it's the best thing we ever did (my wife and I)!

Mention to them about the guy (me) up higher than them in Wisconsin, and they'll know who you're talking about, as well as an idea of what you're trying to do. I gave them a lot of info about the flight sim community and the screens we need, so they understand it all...

John

Keep in mind, three projectors means three display's means multiscreen means performance hitting. And i cannot do it.
    I have some questions i hope u answer.
    Q1 Can i make a one projector on a curved screen ?
    Q2 i need a screen do the job in illuminated roo, if we can ?
    Q3 the projector to use is the optoma HD25, is this a right choice in all aspects v

One projector on a curve screen -- yes - look at the Cobra Curve screen, or iDome.

Cobra Simulation Curved Projector Screen Display - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by A320 copilot View Post
    Keep in mind, three projectors means three display's means multiscreen means performance hitting. And i cannot do it.
    I have some questions i hope u answer.
    Q1 Can i make a one projector on a curved screen ?
    Q2 i need a screen do the job in illuminated roo, if we can ?
    Q3 the projector to use is the optoma HD25, is this a right choice in all aspects v

300+ Forum Addict

A lot of folks want this:

Minnesota Man Designs High Tech Flight Simulator | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul

read the article and watch the video

Maybe, you can contact him?

John

Yes, his setup is impressive -- but his projector he is using is also very expensive; its the same system they use for full size domes.