Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Revolution Simproducts warning

ok David, but i don't understand this : at start up SIOC you check and write the device number : is tis from the old or new pc ?
    OPen SIOC.ini file and write this device number at Motor and analogic line : old or new pc ?
    phil.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Phil

The throttle, now connected to the new PC will have different device numbers. (they are unique to the pc that is connected to the throttle) That is why you need to read these and then amend the sioc.ini file accordingly on the new machine

David

3. Likes Deesystems liked this post

Hi Phil
    Write On new PC

you don't need to run sioc on the old pc

you need to copy the sioc.ini file but you need also to modify 4 lines in sioc.ini with the new device number.
    you can found the new device number after running SIOC, at right in SIOC window.
    Report this device numbers in SIOC. Ini file. Look for 2 motors cards lines and 2 analogic cards lines.

Jacques

25+ Posting Member

Hello fellow simmers. I am a proud owner of the Revolution Simproducts Proline motorized throttle quadrant. From day 1 when I purchased the TQ I had nothing but outstanding support from Oral and Eren. I am a director of technology for a large group of companies, so I do understand what support levels mean and what it also means to go above and beyond normal required support to keep customers happy and satisfied. Oral not only installed my TQ but even gave me almost like a training session on SIOC and settings and how to get things setup in the script and monitoring in the SIOC console …etc. When I had some changes to do after a year or so, he spent over 2 hours working with me out of the goodness of his heart and true commitment to customer support.

Recently after over 3 years from my purchase, I had a slight gap in the throttle levers which was extremely annoying. I contacted Eren who then took the time over Skype and Teamviewer all evening on a weekend to draw and show me step by step what needs to be done to correct it. He even brought an open TQ and demonstrated the procedures over Skype video like an instructor giving a lesson to students with sketches on paper and live action. This my friends is what I call "OUTSTANDING" support. Revolution Simproducts have no obligations after over 3 years now to continue to provide me with this level of support. It’s not like I have a Service Level Agreement with them, or paying them for annual support, or like the product still under warranty. Gheez, you buy an $80,000 car and the warranty expires in 3 years. Going above and beyond and taking time away from their weekend with family to spend an evening with a client explaining how to correct a complex problem as such is simply and remarkably outstanding. As far as I'm concerned the throttles have been working "AMAZINGLY" since I bought them. The quality is fantastic for the money you pay.

Bottom line, if someone had a bad experience with support that's understandable (although surprising to me but I take it as a one-off), however, the company, product, people, commitment, and dedication to serving their customers in our sim community deserves a gold medal in my opinion. Thank you Revolution Simproducts.

Rob.

75+ Posting Member

Hi All,
    Just warning you all that as per the post of revolution sim products selling to CAT III They are still one the same company. Just a different name. I purchased something from CAT III and it was delivered from France NOT USA and the Invoice had Revolution Sim Products at the top. Payments in Euros Not USD why would a US company deal in Euros??? Seems like a lot of Dodgy dealings going on with this company.

Hi all,

Just to add my contribution to the topic, I ordered my TQ on February this year. I was told to pay urgently in May because it was "ready in 10 days" and from then I can't get any news where my TQ is.
    I contacted them many times and at a certain point I also got the astonishing answer like "please can you remind me what your order was for?"
    I tried to get more news and I got no reply anymore. These guys have my money and I don't get any answer anymore, and I don't get my throttle as well..

I'm truly sorry to have to say this but there have been notifications on French commercial and offical websites indicating that RSP is in (serious) financial trouble. However, at the moment the company still exists but I do not know for how long.

JWS

Just an update: Revolution Simproducts went into administration some days ago, the company is now bust.

I have received official confirmation from the European Consumer Centre in France that Revolution Simproducts has formally entered into insolvency proceedings and that an administrator/liquidator will be assigned to oversee the company.

So if you have ordered anything (e.g. a motorised TQ) and paid for this to Revolution Simproducts, it is very likely that you lost (all or most part of) your money. If you want to try to claim back all or part of your money, please be aware of the fact that on the date of the administration, all amounts of money that the company owes are frozen: you can’t take legal action against a company in administration to recover outstanding amounts.

The next step is that Revolution Simproducts’s assets will be realised and the proceeds, after the costs of the administration, will be allocated to the creditors depending on what type of creditor they are: 1- Secured (registered companies and traders etc.): 2 - Preferential (Tax/Revenue, National Contributions and other National Bodies, Pension Funds etc.) and 3 - Unsecured (customers as you and me). As secured and preferential creditors will get the main bulk of monies, what is left of money - if any - will be divided between the unsecured creditors - that is you and me.

As Revolution Simproducts have re-aligned monies and products to Cat III and have the same CEO/owner, it is likely that this company also will be affected in one way or another (read the big red announcement on the CAT III website), and Cat III might well be included as part of securing assets prior to Judgement of Revolution Simproducts.

Although the Administrator should contact all the creditors, this is depending on the accuracy of record keeping of the company. I will keep you posted on any progress and who the Administrator will be. In addition it is a possibility for unsecured creditors (that’s you and me again) to form a creditors' committee (to have more say on how monies are divided in the liquidation process), which would be useful for those who do not live in France.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter for keeping us posted. I know people who have RSP products in repair at the company, so they will likely want to reclaim their belongings. So it is important to know who the Administrator is and how to contact him.

Regards,

JWS

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Tally Ho View Post
    Just an update: Revolution Simproducts went into administration some days ago, the company is now bust.

I have received official confirmation from the European Consumer Centre in France that Revolution Simproducts has formally entered into insolvency proceedings and that an administrator/liquidator will be assigned to oversee the company.

So if you have ordered anything (e.g. a motorised TQ) and paid for this to Revolution Simproducts, it is very likely that you lost (all or most part of) your money. If you want to try to claim back all or part of your money, please be aware of the fact that on the date of the administration, all amounts of money that the company owes are frozen: you can’t take legal action against a company in administration to recover outstanding amounts.

The next step is that Revolution Simproducts’s assets will be realised and the proceeds, after the costs of the administration, will be allocated to the creditors depending on what type of creditor they are: 1- Secured (registered companies and traders etc.): 2 - Preferential (Tax/Revenue, National Contributions and other National Bodies, Pension Funds etc.) and 3 - Unsecured (customers as you and me). As secured and preferential creditors will get the main bulk of monies, what is left of money - if any - will be divided between the unsecured creditors - that is you and me.

Peter
    Hi Peter,

You seem quite knowledgeable -- probably not quite the right place to ask this but hopefully I can hear your perspective.

I have dealings with another company (non flightsim related)-- company has also gone into administration; from the notices I have received from the administrator the company has been practicing insolvent trading.

Recommendations from the administrator is for the creditors to vote to wind up the company. If the company winds up, the unsecured creditors (the category I fall into) still get nil to the dollar amount owed.

There is a possibility to file a suit against the directors for insolvent trading -- perhaps this is also the action you could take against RSP? However this would probably be expensive and might not be worth the effort.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast