Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Casing for Flyengravity MIP Descktop Panel kit

Good day everybody!!

I am planing to start building a 737NG simulator. I am currently searching through all the available product makers out there and i think this will be one of the most difficult stages of the project. So am asking a little help from the more knowledgeable people here!!

For my MIP i am thinking of the Flyengravity MIP desktop Panel Kit, so now i m trying to find a casing in order for it to stand. Building one myself is one idea that i try to avoid. I found Sismo "MIP STAND FOR DST" MIP Casings : MIP Stand for DST but i don't know if this stand is compatible with the flyengravity or not.
    Dimensions of the complete flyengravity MIP are 1510mm x 550mm x 530mm
    Dimensions of Sismo "MIP STAND FOR DST" are 1519mm x 546mm x 430mm

If anyone have use them together, please let me know if they can accommodate each other.
    Any other suggestions for a Casing and MIP are appreciated.

Thank you all!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Casing for Flyengravity MIP Descktop Panel kit

Have you looked at the flyengravity pro stand?

I got a reply from flyengravity regarding their stand.. I have to say that it looks pretty good and is on a good price. Although this stand is for the Pro MIP version, as Desk MIP designed for desk use, I've read in their forums that with some adjustment by yourself can take the desk MIP as well (but that involves cutting and drilling). An other issue may be the CDU bay that is fit to the size of FE CDU, so if you like an other brand, it may not fit correctly.

I think I'll go on and make my own stand. I've saw some grate constructions from some builders here and i believe that spending 1.2K for a stand are money that can be saved for other more important parts of the cockpit.

As for the Sismo...I'm not sure if can accommodate the Desk MIP, but is not an option for me any more.
    “You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.”
    Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Quote Originally Posted by giotrif View Post
    I got a reply from flyengravity regarding their stand.. I have to say that it looks pretty good and is on a good price. Although this stand is for the Pro MIP version, as Desk MIP designed for desk use, I've read in their forums that with some adjustment by yourself can take the desk MIP as well (but that involves cutting and drilling). An other issue may be the CDU bay that is fit to the size of FE CDU, so if you like an other brand, it may not fit correctly.

I think I'll go on and make my own stand. I've saw some grate constructions from some builders here and i believe that spending 1.2K for a stand are money that can be saved for other more important parts of the cockpit.

As for the Sismo...I'm not sure if can accommodate the Desk MIP, but is not an option for me any more.
    Yes, I am stuck with the same dilemma.

The the good thing about the flyengravity desktop series is that it is affordable, will allow me to expand to a full mip if need be, and eliminates the need for wiring if you go the cp flight ics route. Flyengravity stuff will also fit my cpflight MCP and EFIS perfectly.

Only issue is no stand, cdu bay or subpanels.

I have thought of alternative solutions:

cdu bay - sismo sells an affordable cdu bay that they say can fit the flyengravity cdu, so that is an option.
    Subpanels: simworld.pl sells subpanels which may be able to fit the flyengravity desktop series appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Yes, I am stuck with the same dilemma.

The the good thing about the flyengravity desktop series is that it is affordable, will allow me to expand to a full mip if need be, and eliminates the need for wiring if you go the cp flight ics route. Flyengravity stuff will also fit my cpflight MCP and EFIS perfectly.

Only issue is no stand, cdu bay or subpanels.

I have thought of alternative solutions:

cdu bay - sismo sells an affordable cdu bay that they say can fit the flyengravity cdu, so that is an option.
    Subpanels: simworld.pl sells subpanels which may be able to fit the flyengravity desktop series appropriately.

Initially i was thinking only the industrial way and not the DIY way, as i don't like to spoil my sim with some sloppy work and material.
    ON THE OTHER HAND!!
    check these guy's work, he build a stand for the MIP desk and is better that the industrial one.. And easy to construct as well.
    MIP mode / lower panels |
    “You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.”
    Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Yes, there is also a good thread in the prosim737 forum with a guy who built up from his flyengravity desktop MIP.

I'm going to wait and see what simworld.pl can come up up -- they have offered me some side panels, and they said they will be selling MIPs with built in backlight soon.

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    have you taken the side panels and backlights ?
    Some pics ?