Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cool Anyone have any code to share?

Hi all,
    Looking for some code to run link2fs_multi_beta5d beta version (3 Arduino cards). I can use Jim's example with airspeed com 1 channel etc, (cool) but that's it. I'm a newbie with no code skills. HELP. I have 3 cards running 3 different LCDS that just need code to display other items (heading, vertical airspeed and autopilot displays etc).
    Is there a place to share Arduino library code etc, INO, PDE etc....? I can build a website and fly most fast/ big jets, but know zitlch about writing Arduino code. I build great overhead, but cannoto get my LEDs to work.
    Specific help with PMGD 737 NGX a PLUS!!!! Thanks any help will do... Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Anyone have any code to share?

Larry, don't post the same question over multiple threads ,, it just makes it harder for people searching for something to find what they want.
    I've deleted your other post's for that reason.

Talking of searching ,, you need to do some searching in here as there are other Guys that have done the same thing as you want to, so have a deep look around in here and find them ,, you'll still have to modify them ,, so you still need to learn to code the Arduino.

As your new to coding ,, study the sample's I've included ,, study code from here and at the Arduino site ,, study and play with the samples that are included with the Arduino IDE.
    Even doing a google for "arduino 7 segment" (without the quotes) bring up 395,000 hits.
    Sooner or later the 'penny will drop' and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about ,, BUT it won't happen over night.
    Once it happens then you will realize what a versatile wee card they are.

I tried twice to start a "Show us your PDE" but it failed. I haven't a clue why as it would have been a great help for people.
    Maybe it was they didn't want to be involved in helping other people ,,, but they didn't have to ,, all they had to do was post their PDE.
    Of course when anyone that wants help with something they say "then they will post their PDE" ,, but they never do... sad really.

The only thing to be careful about is Arduino PDE/INO code to suit the 'inOut' is different to code to suit the 'Multi' although your mission is best suited for the 'Multi' as that has far more extractions and also has 'direct inputs'.

The 'Multi' is currently being adapted to also work on FS9 and as soon as that's done I will add more stuff to it where-as the 'inOut' will be left as it is.
    Progress will stop for about 6 weeks tho as I'm tied up on another mission.

Great looking overhead Larry ,, you've done well and seeing something like that taking shape is always a treat ,, I know there is a guy in here that is also doing one so maybe he might pop up.

Geeze ,, I'm writing a book here ??
    Happy building Larry ,, Jim
    Last edited by Jim NZ; 09-12-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

Thanks for the reply Jim. I'm Goggled out. Probably make this thing wall art.

Larry, maybe it's best if you buy some other expensive card that is more plug and play ,, that way you wont have to learn how to code them.

I have always said that the Arduino and my software is not a replacement for the more expensive alternatives but it is a good 'intro' for some-one to make a simple or modest interface with flightsim.

People that have expensive add-on stuff and/or hardware should also interface them with the proper stuff or there will always be a weak link in their system.

Cheers ,, Jim

Hi Jim,
    I have figured out how to change the Arduino code to display the other outputs from your Link2fs. Works great! I will share this code with anyone who needs it. Thanks for a very helpful program. Larry

Great you got it sorted Larry ,,, to start with it's a bit of a battle but thing's will slip into place in your brain sooner or later and then it starts to make (some) sense ,, then one just carries on from there.

The multi has just been updated again (now beta5f) so it might pay to download it and spot the new stuff, as there are some fix's and extra's there that are "Overhead" related.

Keep at it Larry ,, it takes time but you'll get there.
    Thanks Larry ,,, Jim

Hi Jim,
    Thanks for all of your help! People like you who are willing to share your ideas, knowledge and past experiences which to me, is one the most impressive, unselfish thing someone could do. Just thought you should know.

I have downloaded the latest version you mentioned.
    I'm still working on interpereting the Multi ino files though.

Problem I have with the the "Multi_Basic_Concept" file is it is not populated with actual code (I would not know what proper code to enter in place of the examples), so it is harder for me to "read" it. Do you have a sample of this code that has say, maybe outputs for LCD/ LED (prefer) like the INO_inout_v4 file with AP heading and AP altitude?
    I read the text doc about "data burst" etc, but got lost as I read on.
    If code was already working then maybe I could reverse it. Hope I'm making sense. Larry (Las vegas)

Larry, the difference between the code for the Multi and the InOut is only in the way it sorts out the 2 identifiers ,, once your inside the "Yes it's a ?" then the code for receiving and handling is the same. So also have a look at the older inOut INO's for idea's on handling the received code within the Multi. (Just an idea)

So if you already have code that works ,, just copy the section to under "Found the second identifier" and it should work ,,, you'll sort it out.

Attached is a demo that show's on a LCD the Autopilot altitude, autopilot vert speed, the heading and the flaps position.

Also it is set up to switch the all lights individually in the Baron with toggle switchs and thru simconnect alter some autopilot settings.
    The "Keys" section is still there so you can play with that too if needed.

Read the lots of comments I put on it ,, it kept changing but I think I've noted it right.

Thanks for the kudos too Larry ,,, it's all for the fun of it.

Cheers and good luck ,,, Jim

ps ,, Posting the code in here rubbish ,, it chops things off ,,,
    so here is a zip file of the sketch.
    www.jimspage.co.nz/demo_4_larry.zip
    Last edited by Jim NZ; 09-20-2013 at 08:19 PM.

There was a lot of comments chopped off my posted code so I've done it as a zip file now. (See above post)

Thanks for the file Jim,
    I downloaded it and will mess with it the next few days. Your a true motivator weather or not you realize it! Larry