10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Joystick advice?

Hello again. Now i am searching for a joystick. There are so much joystick but i would like it to be with force feedback and i don't want to spend more than 100 euro. Most of the sticks are right handed so it wont be eligible for my a320 cockpit. But this can be resolved just by changing the stick housing. I want force feedback because im a pilot student and sometimes before flight I'm practicing on my sim...
    But the problem with the changing of the housing is if the hand sensor will fit in the logitech attack 3 for example. Im have been looking for about 2-3 hours and i find the Microsoft sidewinder joysticks, logitech force 3d, saitek cyborg force, logitech wingman and most of them are right-handed. I think that i dont want the saitek only because they look like a toys. I have the yoke with throttle(I'm happy with them but the a320 dont have a yoke). Also is the center problem with this joysticks. For example when you push to the left it will still stay in the left if you leave it?

Thank you for the advices!

Re: Joystick advice?

Well, since an A320 is fly-by-wire, and thus there is no direct physical link from the stick to the control surfaces, force feedback would be unnecessary. In other words, you wouldn't feel force on the actual A320's side stick, so why would you need to simulate force in the sim?

Also, the Saitek products may look like toys, but don't underestimate their quality. I use their rudder pedals, and I like everything about them, the adjustable tension, removable footrests, and adjustable pedal length, etc. It's one of the few things in my setup that I didn't build myself.

10+ Posting Member

Re: Joystick advice?

Thank you for the advice but i found a logitech force 3d and attack 3d both for 27 euro and the force is brand new. You can purchase it from Bulgaria if you want. Thank you again