Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

BAe146 Master Warning System: Video

7 lamps connected....69 more to go.

MWS_zpsd164f7e6.mp4 Video by Mach73 | Photobucket

Each series of lamps will work off control board which contains the micro-chip's allowing the illumination of the lamp in association with the flashing red or yellow glareshield flasher. The flasher has a push to reset facility to acknowledge the fault. (still working on the audible tones like fire bell etc.)

Most of these warnings will work in parrellel with FS9 operation...ie: The aircraft parking brake switch is connected to Fs9 thru Leo Bodnar's I/O Board which will set the parking brake on the (fs9) 146 Aircraft, whilst another signal from the same switch will go to a second control board (not controlled by Fs9) to illuminate the 'PARK BRK ON" yellow master warning caption, audible tones, and flashing (press to cancel) glareshield flashers.

I understand the some of these items (like the example) can be programmed to illuminate thru Flight Simulator, but I find keeping these lamps 'separate' or having them run in 'parrellel" offers me greater flexibility.

The landing gear is another example....the landing gear selector switch sends a signal to Flight sim (thru Leo's control board) for gear up and gear down...but the actual lights (down and locked, in-transit, red unsafe, and handle lamp) come off an separate control board.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Avro748 liked this post
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: BAe146 Master Warning System progress

Nice, but isnt it a pitty to kill the possibility of simulating any failures by this? For example when you place your gear lever down and you simulate the hydraulics failure so that the gear is not extended in the sim, the light will confirm the gear to be extended on your panel... You have an amazing homecockpit, I would consider this also.

Pavel