Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Wideview without panels

Hello everyone,

I have built a homecockpit around Project Magenta, CPFLIGHT and Flyengravity using the PMDG 737-700 model and edited aircraft cfg file which results in no PMDG panels are visible leaving just the outside view across two monitors in horizontal span mode.

Now I want to use Wideview but the problem I have is that the Wideview On/Off switch isn't visible because basically I have no PMDG panels for the On/Off Switch to be visible in, I have tried on many forums to seek a work-around and still no luck, it could be that I haven't explained myself clearly or it cant be done.

I know I could use the W key in Cockpit mode to get rid of the PMDG panels but I am using the Virtual Cockpit mode and those panels wont disappear in this mode.

If anyone can help I will gladly donate £10.00 to My Cockpit

Thanks in advance of any help

Andi

Re: Wideview without panels

Hi Andi, sorry if I misunderstood. You need to send a command through a gauge in 2d panel using 3d virtual cockpit ? If you press A repeatedly you should get to 2d view, send the command, then A again and get back to virtual cockpit for flying, what did I miss ? I am also planning to use 2 monitors but after some test with wideview I am more oriented towards triplehead2go, in order also to get a 3rd monitor in the future. Best wishes Massimo

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Andi,

I saw your post at the Wideview Forums and I also use Wideview, in the Wideview configuration page, there is a box to tick that removes the aircraft panels while you are in virtual cockpit view.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks Bernie,

I had no idea it was that simple, so are you using Project Magenta? if so how have you edited your .cfg file because for Project Magenta to take control of the aircraft, FMS and MIP I have to edit the .cfg file so it looks like this:

[fltsim.6]
    title=B737-700 Easy Jet - Stairs
    sim=B737-700
    model=
    panel=pm
    sound=
    texture=U2

By doing this the panels are removed but still remain in the Panel folder.

Thanks in advance

Andi

$25.00 donated

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Andi,

No, I use Prosim737 and have done for quite some time now. I am also running FSX so my Wideview is slightly different to yours in the way of configuration screens. I am glad you have now sorted out your issue.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for all your responses but I'm not understanding much at the moment

My modified panel which I renamed 2D Cockpit+pm in the aircraft selection process (for easy location) I've noticed that the Wideview control panel doesn't list 2D models and I think this could be the root of my problem.

I don't think it's possible to add the Wideview switch in a non visible panel / Gauge setup and without this edited .cfg file Project Magenta wont fly the aircraft so I'm thinking I can use one or the other but not at the same time even though the manual does suggest Wideview can be added to any window I just wish it could be added to the outside view

I will still try your suggestions and I very much appreciate you helping with this

Kindest regards

Andi

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Andi,

can you explain this Wideview on/off switch that you are referring to as I don't think this is the same in my version. I might have a better idea of what you are after if you can explain this switch you are talking about.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Bernie, I have attached a jpeg of the Wideview Switch inside a panel of a Cessna as an example, it appears at the top left.

Just had a thought have you got Wideview in FS9 along the top in modules where FCUIPC resides? , I don't have it on mine although I seem to remember there used to be in previous installations of FS9.

Thanks

Andi
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

Hi Massimo,

Thanks also for your input and suggestions

Andi

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Andi,

I have FSX not FS9. I did say this in an earlier post. I have been looking at the Manual for Wideview 2004 and I can't see how this would not show on you screen even if you take the panels away. I will have a better look at this again but at the moment I am in the middle of my Simulator Rework. If I think of a way for this to work I will get back to you.
    I will make a post at the Wideview Forum and hopefully Luciano will get back.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast