Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Building a 737 cockpit help needed

Hey guys i'm going to be building a 737 cockpit flight simulator from scratch, and i'm working on the blueprint/schematics, did anyone go down this path already and help me with it in exactly what i need to get , materials / programs ect.? i'm new to building flight simulators and doing tons of reading, any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Re: Building a 737 cockpit help needed

Hi.

You need to do this yourself, we cant do it for you. You have to do lots of research on the many different methods of simulating flight using computers and software. May I suggest that you scour mycockpit thoroughly for information and ideas and then go from there. There is no right or wrong way to build a sim, generally it starts with a collection of sim equipment that grows over time and its then you can start arranging this equipment into some sort of 737 configuration. It also depends really on how scaled or generic you would like it your pit to be. I would start small, and build your sim up over time and when money becomes available. Too many say 'I will buy this and do that' and you never see them again, work with what you have got and determination and money will make it bigger! I assume you are flying a 737 model on your pc as well? Knowing how to fly the 737 on your pc and knowing all the systems will make planning a lot more straight forward, as you will know what you want interfaced!

Good luck, research hard, and checkout the downloads section of files at mycockpit!

Alex

Alex is right, just do the research yourself. However, DC8flightdeck has an incredible project years in the making that you might want to check out. You could ask him for advice.
    His Project

If you REALLY want to save money, then choose an aircraft with no panel back-lighting, like I did.

150+ Forum Groupie

You could also check out Ian Sissens site, he's done it all before and much of it in the beginning was home made.
    But the guys are right, only you can decide what you need. It generally hinges on your expectations and the amount of time and money you have to throw at it.

BOEING B737NG COCKPIT .. HA-IAN ... HOW IT's DONE

Cheers
    Joe.