Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Anyone using the benq w1080st yet if so whats your feeling about it , views ,

Here is a short clip of 3 of them running from my cockpit. Vid is low quality so i will be taking another HD vid tomorrow and upload . In this vid there is no edge blend or warp configured.

737jet - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by tinker27 View Post
    im still stuck on this , i was told the new full hd tv say 60 inches give better view and no lag now if you get the right one ?
    can anyone post a video of a benq w1080st running the sim on its own and with two .

25+ Posting Member

Re: Anyone using the benq w1080st yet if so whats your feeling about it , views ,

yeah looks good , would like to see it in in HD in day light too , what fps ya getting from em ?

10+ Posting Member

There is no drop in fps if u dont use keystone feature. I get solid locked 30 fps with max settings. There is a new model benq w1500 . U seen this?

yeah looks good , would like to see it in in HD in day light too , what fps ya getting from em ?

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

It has been said that it would be impossible to pull off surround visuals with 3x benq w1080p ST because of its ST ratio - 0.69

I am glad you have been able to do it!

10+ Posting Member

Thanks and boy were they right!! It took me 3 weeks of positioning and tons of warping to get it look good. I will never do that challange again. The projectors are great but need lens shift , i think the throw ratio is fine as long , its the ansence of lens shift feature that makes them a nightmare to install.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    It has been said that it would be impossible to pull off surround visuals with 3x benq w1080p ST because of its ST ratio - 0.69

I am glad you have been able to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by yeter123 View Post
    Thanks and boy were they right!! It took me 3 weeks of positioning and tons of warping to get it look good. I will never do that challange again. The projectors are great but need lens shift , i think the throw ratio is fine as long , its the ansence of lens shift feature that makes them a nightmare to install.
    Did you try the fly-elise auto config? You can use a camera to define the warp area and the software does the rest. Please post up more videos/pictures of your setup -- very interested!

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by yeter123 View Post
    There is no drop in fps if u dont use keystone feature. I get solid locked 30 fps with max settings. There is a new model benq w1500 . U seen this?
    cool ! gonna av a search , i been looking at one of them epson 6100 3lcd they reckon theyre the t*ts

wonder if we weill ever know which is best ?

10+ Posting Member

Ok, managed to upload a day time HD clip. I've split into 2 files, one for take-off and one landing. The sim is running 210 degree visuals. Glass cockpit had errors in flight as it loss alignment, still a long way to go before it becomes a stable platform but getting there... enjoy vid at: http://youtu.be/46fVn63w7v8 thanks Steve

25+ Posting Member

Looks awesome steve i gotta say , i have seen them benq 1500 all pricey tho . Neil

w1080st sale at amazon for 900 USD. They are selling them over here in Aus for $1100 now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast