Thread: MIP panel

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

MIP panel

Ok so now I have another question concerning panels. I looked at a builders site, the gentleman using ICS and he explained how he used CP Flight panels with the Flyengravity MIP structures. When I looked on the Flyengravity MIP they already came with the same parts as CP Flight. There reason why I like CP flight is because they already come up pre-wired. Any suggestions and the best MIP set out there that has to do with little wiring or at least easy wiring. Also what is the difference between the Flyengravity desktop MIP and the Performance MIP from Flyengravity. The pictures look the same.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: MIP panel

The desktop MIP does not come with a frame; you have to purchase that separately.
    The performance MIP fits the base frame aluminum stand flyengravity builds specifically.

If you want a no wiring solution its either CP Flight ICS, or the jetmax.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: MIP panel

The desktop mip is for those who do not want to build a full setup, but 1 1/3, 2/3 or 3/3 desktop setup.
    The Performance (PRO) line is a panel kit that can be used with the full frame, which can include lower subpanels and cdu bay, etc.
    CPflight and FlyEngravity work together for several years now and all their latest products are co produced.
    ICS is (as far as i know) the only FULLY plug and play solution as it is fully PCB based. i.e. all leds, switches, pushbuttons, etc are mounted on PCB so no soldering or wiring is required at all. Only some remote leds (like 'below Glideslope. P inhibit') are connected via a cable with a connector (the annunciator itself is again pcb based, so no soldering required).
    Also ICS (and all other CPflight and Engravity gear) directly communicates with the major avionics suites. So no need to configure anything and no need to worry about FSUIPC offsets.
    Here's a good review of a customer using ICS. Its in Dutch, but google translate does wonders and the pictures speak for themselves:
    ICS |

4. Dislikes cavscout_56 disliked this post