Thread: Where to start

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Where to start

I am absolutely amazed at some of the home cockpits I have found in this site and I am anxious to get mine started. Only one issue, well I guess two really big issues, where do I begin and how do I even do it. I am not computer savvy at all and when I say that I really mean it. Are there manuels avaiable to help a guy like me be able to hook up the countless wires and simboards and all the other things that go along with cockpit contruction. Any suggestions will be greatly apprciated.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Where to start

My advice is you should start small. Just take a USB Joystick or Gamepad and try building a new wooden case for it and turn it e.g. into an autopilot. Then move on to a bigger project.

25+ Posting Member

Take a look at Juen Cordon's web site, ( google Juen Cordon) and click on dossiers.. Heaps of pics and info including measurments. Helped me alot with my build. Also look up markuspilot. Comprehensive drawings on 737 800 ng. My advice... home build as much as you can.. saves dollars and give you a great sense of satisfaction when it all comes together and works. Ask lots of questions here.. Very smart people hang aroung here and answers to almost anything are only a question away .. Good luck

Mark

What are you into? Airliners, general aviation, fighters, else? If you like airliners I would recomend you building something like that

Attachment 8120

which is my simple for-fun project of a small autopilot control module, only inputs to the computer, no outputs like displays. Extremely easy to wire up, just requires some basic skills with mechanical work (like drilling holes into plastics, working with screwdriver, or so). Total cost was about 75 USD and took few evenings to complete. I have sold it to my friend but if you wish I can provide you some info. And I can tell you that everybody will be able to do the wiring, very easy stuff. Only needs some work with soldering iron (just wires, no PCB soldering!). Compatible with almost any Boeing addon in FSX and very nice to use (saves you from clicking some tiny clickspots with your mouse, you can easily control the autopilot manually). And when you are bored with it you can build more advanced versions with LED displays, switches, or so - countless possibilities.

Pavel