25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Problem with using two DisplayII cards

Hi all,

I have a small issue with my opencockpits cards that I'm hoping someone here will have a solution to. I have two displayII cards plugged into my one mastercard using a 40 pin IDE cable. Both display cards work correctly when both are plugged in, but none all of the inputs light up, as if they are all being pushed at once. When only one card is plugged in, all inputs work correctly. This whole time, none of the outputs are affected. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

75+ Posting Member

Re: Problem with using two DisplayII cards

Quote Originally Posted by GPreddy View Post
    Hi all,

I have a small issue with my opencockpits cards that I'm hoping someone here will have a solution to. I have two displayII cards plugged into my one mastercard using a 40 pin IDE cable. Both display cards work correctly when both are plugged in, but none all of the inputs light up, as if they are all being pushed at once. When only one card is plugged in, all inputs work correctly. This whole time, none of the outputs are affected. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
    Do you have the Card Order ID jumpers set accordingly? One as #1 and the other as #2? Also, the IDE cable connect to J1 on the master card right?

25+ Posting Member

Re: Problem with using two DisplayII cards

Yes, the IDE cable is connected to the J1 connector, and the jumpers are in the 1 and 2 slots respectively. Just another piece of information, when I plug the cable into the J1 connector, I lose control of the inputs, even if there are no display cards plugged into the cable. I am using an IDE cable designed for hard drives, but it is still forty pins so I'm not sure how that would make a difference. Maybe this helps.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Steve