Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Red face King Air Engine Soft-Gauges for SimPit?

Hello community,

after researching and building my simpit for about 1 year it is my pleasure to share the first time pictures with you all. I originally built it as a Beech Baron 58, now, not even finished I would be looking to make an overhead-panel and turn it into a King Air.

The soft-gauges from the gaugesfactory where the reason for me to start building the pit, because they are just impressive. I have bought panelbuilder and checked some 10 other sources, but nothing came up to the gaugesfactory. Unfortunately the producer is now not any more engaged, but he did a great job. Now I am looking for wideFS compatible soft-gauges for a King Air, do you have ideas? FSXpand and panelbuilder did not run well on my system, so I look for other choices.

The instruments run on a second pc via wideFS, the additional VGA slot will soon be used for a just purchased 10inch TFT that will be used for the overhead panel. I run FSX acceleration with orbx sceneries and carendado Beech Baron 58. The main pc is an overclocked i7. My newest additions (hood and seats) are not yet on the pictures, if for interest I can make some. Now I am further more planning to buy a but-kicker for additional realism.

Next step further more is a new nav-stack according to bendix king, the saitek ones will then hopefully soon be replaced. In addition I will implement a self-made annunciator panel.

Thank you for your support and best regards from Vienna
    Alfred
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    Likes Matt Olieman liked this post
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: King Air Engine Soft-Gauges for SimPit?

Very nice setup, keep up updated with your progress
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Boeing 777 Builder

Lovely work Alfred and thanks for sharing some pics, love those PFC yokes too, I just picked up a jetliner column yoke, very nice quality. Love the King Air, I've also been trying out some of the network gauges around. The Gauges Factory ones are very classy, I also use his PC12 gauges, a pity he's not continuing development. FSXpand and PanelBuilder work fine on my system I must say, its an i5 with 5 monitors attached to 2 x Radeon HD7700 vid cards. Another good choice is from FlyThisSim however these are for X-Plane only. Worth a look though.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Hello both and thank you for your quick reply and the nice compliments. In fact I know geremys shop (unfortunately you are mostly into the big planes - would be happy to buy Shell-elements for a General Aviation aircraft). Also I have found interesting stuff from Kennair before, amazing what you are doing and you are motivating us beginners to think big Actually I have Network Problems that seem to be no issue for WideFS, but prevent me from using other gauges. It seems that my automatic generation of IPs and stuff seem to generate different subnets and that should be the problem. Unfortunately they do not work just via wideFS, what would be best. By the way: I am still not really sure how to properly fly the King Air. The Checklists alone do not really help. I did not find anything in the Tutorial section of mycockpit. Do you have an idea where to get some tutorial (also to know which button I really need? Thanks again!

Boeing 777 Builder

Alfred always best to set a static IP address on all PC's for flightsim networks. Subnet mask should be standard 255.255.255.0. Neither FSXpand nor PanelBuilder require WideFS but do require FSUIPC. Make sure you can share and navigate to folders on each PC, if you can't then none of these gauges will work.

As for flying the King Air, the best place to go for tutorials is the King Air forum HERE .

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Hi Ken! Thanks, I kept on trying and with your help I could set the IPs fixed and now both wideFS and Simconnect work!!
    Also the link to the King Air Forum is handy, thank you for that too! Funny is that they ask for a question for registering that should be supereasy, but I can not answer it..
    Who is the manufacturer of FS9 and FSX?:
    Who is the manufacturer of KingAir, Boing or Beechcraft ?: ????? Can not find the answer, Aeroworx did not work nor Hawker...

You haven an idea?
    Good night from Vienna
    Alfred

Boeing 777 Builder

Ok Alfred they are pretty easy to answer, sorry . The answers are "Microsoft" and "Beechcraft".

Ken.

75+ Posting Member Bjarne Horsbøl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meistereder View Post
    Hi Ken! Thanks, I kept on trying and with your help I could set the IPs fixed and now both wideFS and Simconnect work!!
    Also the link to the King Air Forum is handy, thank you for that too! Funny is that they ask for a question for registering that should be supereasy, but I can not answer it..
    Who is the manufacturer of FS9 and FSX?:
    Who is the manufacturer of KingAir, Boing or Beechcraft ?: ????? Can not find the answer, Aeroworx did not work nor Hawker...

You haven an idea?
    Good night from Vienna
    Alfred
    I see Ken helped you with the right answers.
    Looking forward to welcome you in the KingAir forum

Bjarne

Hello! Yes thank you! stupid me I was reading it like "is the weather tomorrow warm, cold or rainy?".. Just browsed the kingair forum Bjarne, you have posted a lot of valuable stuff there. Unfortunately is related to Aeroworx and it is not any more available. It will still help me a lot but maybe more users will come active again if there would be more about Carenado King Airs and FSX, Prepare3D or xplane?

Anyways it is a real pleasure getting to handle this wonderful virtual plane more and more and my plans for enhancing the simpit are intensive, will keep you posted and thanks again for helping!
    alfred

Nice pit there. Have you tested the ITRA gauges? They are smooth OpenGL gauges for both turbine and piston. They are not 100% King Air like, but they will do the job. I used to own it, but I lost the USB dongle. They did not have a service for replacing it for the fee, and I did not feel for buying them twice. Flugsimulation und Trainsimulation ITRA GmbH Then you have the JeeHell Generic Gauges 2.1. You can set up a turbine cluster with those as well. The framerate is not the best, but for engines only they are ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast