Thread: Aviation update

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Aviation update

Hi all,

It's a long time since I was active here. The progress of my sim has not been so sexy. We did a bit of an overhaul to rearrange all the wiring and circuit boards so it's less vulnerable. We also made a start with the shell. The strength of this construction will come from the panels we add later.

But there's another development in my aviation life: videography and real aircraft. I've been a fanatic photographer since 1981 or so and edit my home movies in a little more detail than most. This has come together in DSLR film making, where you use your single lens reflex camera for making movies. This month, I was invited by a Dutch foundation that keeps vintage military planes airworthy. I shot a lot of footage while my fellow sim builder Robert and we got to fly (and actually control) a Harvard and a Fokker S11. In short, we're absolutely sold. We've offered to make short documentaries of their fleet and volunteers to help them raise funds. This means being around fantastic planes like those Harvards but also the Spitfire, the B25, the Tiger moth, old Piper cups etcetera. So my sim project may slow down a little

Here's how happy I look doing that.

Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: Aviation update

Arjen,
    You looked like all your xmas's arrived at once. Nice video and thanks for sharing. A few more like that would be
    appreciated.

Les

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Re: Aviation update

Wow, that's great! Really glad you are having a great time with real planes now and doing something with the foundation. I can relate to you, because I joined a flying club as a social member, and now enjoy going on fly-outs and visiting places I would of never have gone to before. I ditched my sim to spend a lot more time at the club (hence where my money goes). Enjoy every minute of it, and have fun! Alex